Makin' that thread

Stop that countdown Danny boy, cause here it is:

On friday the 23rd of March, I closed on and bought a house for 50k, and got right to work:

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

Welcome to adulthood. Hammertime!

Wow, what a dump. But now it's your dump, so congratulations. :D

Now when are you gonna pay for all of our airfare so we can come to your housewarming party? Sightless will supply the scones.

Fuck I'm jealous. I want a fixer upper bad. Keep us posted on your development. And if you want any advice, let us know. I've been in and out of construction all my life. (and I have excellent taste)

Will do, and thanks guys. buying a house is a bitch ( i think I signed my name about 200 times) but it's worth it in the end.Plumber on monday, hopefully a roofer later in the week, and carpet removal in the big room.

And for used: My inspector told me of some sort of special paint/coating for brick exterior/plaster interior homes to keep moisture out ; the jokes at lowes didn't know what he was talking about... but is there such thing?

And if anyone has paint brand recommendations, I'd love to hear it.

used44 said:
f*** I'm jealous. I want a fixer upper bad. Keep us posted on your development. And if you want any advice, let us know. I've been in and out of construction all my life. (and I have excellent taste)
In before "used, he doesn't need help building an igloo."

Damplock by Sealkrete.

As for painting the interior drywall, give everything a coat of Killz, if you think the walls need it and if you can afford it. If its an older, roughed up house, Killz totally blocks all staining and odors. Great for houses that smokers lived in (or meth labs).

After the Killz, I like Behr Ultra Premium. Or I guess any paint+primer in one. Behr is available at Home Depot though. Just shop around for the cheapest.

Holy Cow!
Totally worth it! Congrats!

Where is this? Not that it matters but it might factor into the 50k

Congratulations! Nice space. It'll be a really awesome project; I hope you have fun with it. I miss doing construction-type work in/around the house.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod