Looking to speak to a few long-time readers for feedback

Jonathan_Leack

Former Executive Editor
Hey Milky Way travelers,

As we head toward our relaunch, I want to accumulate as much feedback as possible about what we're doing right and wrong.

Are any of you available for a 10 to 15 minute Skype meeting? I have a few questions and for the most part am looking to open dialog with a few long-time readers.

Let me know.

- Jonathan

I would, but Skype just never works right for me.

That said, do whatever makes sense for the site business-wise.
Just try and get them to ensure the ads are gone so people stop whining.

Here's some prerelaunch feedback: Skype? Seriously? Try Discord, bro.

But I'll download Skype if that's what you want. Also, when?

Hey Jonathan, happy to speak to you any time mate, whether it's by e-mail, Facebook messenger etc.

I'm happy to talk on Skype sometime, but Facebook messenger's voice or/and video chat might be easier.

Won't be able to do it this weekend as I'll be away for two nights camping, but might be able to organize something either Sunday or Monday, although our time differences may be challenging. As I type this, it's 10:26 AM (Friday the 28th of April). According to Google, it's currently 5:54 PM (Thursday the 27th) in Seattle.

I'm down, but I don't use Skype either. Facebook Messenger is the easiest way for me. Been a member since 2001, so let me know if you want to ask questions! I'd be honored to help influence changes to the site.

Longo_2_guns said:
Do whatever makes sense for the site business-wise. Just try and get them to ensure the ads are gone so people stop whining.
^That
I don't think I would be able to provide more than what I've already mentioned about socializing and community involvement.

Longo_2_guns said:
I would, but Skype just never works right for me.

That said, do whatever makes sense for the site business-wise.
Just try and get them to ensure the ads are gone so people stop whining.

Without ads GR won't exist, sadly. I've come to learn that it's incredibly expensive to maintain a website. Even my wildest estimates fell way short. It's no wonder why I've begun seeing full page rolls and auto-play videos appear on the big websites like GameSpot, which have even higher maintenance costs than GR.

I'll set something up with you guys and gals this weekend. You can add me on Facebook at 'Jonathan Leack'.

Jonathan_Leack said:
Without ads GR won't exist, sadly. I've come to learn that it's incredibly expensive to maintain a website. Even my wildest estimates fell way short.
That's fair, though I meant more of the big, obnoxious ones that everyone complains about every day.

Standard ads, even big banner ads, are fine by me.

I've been around since 99 or so and registered on the forums back in 2001 so I've stuck with GR for a while. I certainly don't mind hopping on Skype for 10 or 15 minutes.

Let me know if you're still looking!

Quick update.

We got some feedback from you guys, which we appreciate greatly.

We are very close to our relaunch and are planning to make a test version of the site available to some users. I may reach out to a few of you to participate in this beta test to gauge if you're interested.

It's coming very soon, and we can't wait to share more.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod