lookin for a new camera

piracer

Rookie
I wanna buy a new cheap-ish camera. The only thing im looking for is that its hopefully compact, and that it has a wide angel lens, so 28mm i think? Anyone have any suggestions or know of good cameras along these lines? Good battery would also be a plus

I think you should go old school.

Get a blacked out box with a hole in it and some photo paper. Get people to stand still for a couple of minutes and BAM!

I like how maddy was "trying to help" when he really was showing off his fancy camera and defaced money - Zoidberg style? You can think of a better gag than that surely!

We own two Canons Powershot and a Rebel, both a good in their own ways. But they're separated by a couple dollars too. Depends on what you're looking to do. If you're just wanting to point and shoot and get good quality, then go with the Powershot or similarly priced and featured cameras. If you're intense and will be adjusting the aperture, iso and all that garbage, then get the Rebel. Otherwise it's a waste if you keep it on Auto.

piracer said:
which one did u get specfically? And how much?
Coolpix S710.

MattAY said:
I like how maddy was "trying to help" when he really was showing off his fancy camera and defaced money - Zoidberg style? You can think of a better gag than that surely!
Lioncash.

Help it. Go make some.

ok, well i got persuaded by the salesman and got an Olympus FE-4030 for its slightly wider lens and its price point (SGD$278 with 4 gig sd card and the usual freebies).

Cant seem to find much on it online though, but so far so good.

piracer said:
ok, well i got persuaded by the salesman and got an Olympus FE-4030 for its slightly wider lens and its price point (SGD$278 with 4 gig sd card and the usual freebies).

Cant seem to find much on it online though, but so far so good.
What res? (Megapixels)

Oh also, anyone know whether you can charge these sort of cameras now days via just usb and power socket?

Ok right now i gotta plug in the power adapter which connects to another adapter via usb to that smaller cable thing to the camera, get my drift?

So can you charge a camera using that usb cable connected to something like an iphone charger?

Wow, I didnt even know 14 mpx existed yet! I thought 12 was the max at the moment.

...Cool.

MattAY said:
Wow, I didnt even know 14 mpx existed yet! I thought 12 was the max at the moment.

...Cool.
It's just a resolution man.
You can firmware hack more dSLR cameras to go up to 20mpx+ if you didn't care about quality.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod