LOOK AT THIS SHIT

I was taking a survey, about the new "Alan Wake" game...
One of the pages were filled with this shit...

Listed below are several types of downloadable content to go with the new Alan Wake game that might or might not be available for a small fee. How likely would you be to purchase each type below? Please select only one answer for each type listed below.

Additional Vehicle Pack - New cars, trucks and SUVs to mess around with ($4.95)

Making of Alan Wake - Content pack with video footage, original concept art and interviews ($4.95)

Additional Episodes ($9.95)

New enemies ($4.95)

Co-op mode ($9.95)

Cheats and Fun Stuff - Additional cheats and Funny modifications that let you play around with the game content ($4.95)

New clothes/costumes/skins ($4.95)

New character back stories (learn more about specific characters history and mystery) ($4.95)

Additional Lighting Pack - New flashlights and other light sources that let you kick ass in the darkness of the Pacific Northwest night ($4.95)

That just seems like a load of bullshit! "Co-Op Mode $9.95"

Fuck that. If this is the way gaming is going to turn then it'll be shit.

wtf5ph.jpg

After thinking about it I just marked "Defintely would not purchase" on all of them....

That firefox theme is absolutely horrid and disgraceful to firefox itself.

So then by your logic, My Chemical Romance and Fall Out Boy are automatically good bands because they're popular and the radio plays them.

Well it was bound to happen eventually. All it took was one game offering these little "bonus packs" that should have just been included with the original game. After one company started making money from it, every other company decided "Hey! A way to suck even more money out of our dedicated fanbase! Let's do it!"

On the other side of that coin though, you don't HAVE to buy it. Nothing forces you to buy it. Sometimes you have to buy it if you want to stay competitive though, like in Battlefield 2. They released a "booster pack" for $10. It has 3 buggy, crappy new maps that nobody likes as much as the original maps, and in getting it you most likely will screw up your BF2 account and have to start over. But buying it is the only way you'll be able to unlock the new weapons they released, which are much superior to the ones you have to use if you don't buy it. So did I buy it? Absolutely not.

^ I'm feeling as lazy as you are, so I won't. But they are all optional, so you don't have to buy any of them. Or if you're going to, you're supposed to pick what you need...

--
Feeling like the gaming industry is now trying to push as far as we'll go. They wan't a piece of the money that gets transferred every day for virtual nonsense like WoW-characters... "The one who's asking isn't the fool, but it's the one who's paying."

Too bad they're ruining otherwise promising game like Alan Wake by doing so...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod