Lightsaber, anyone?

Lightsabers

• Nobody has made one.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Made one but not released to the public.

• Made one, but comes with cord. plug it in and watch your neighbors lights dim. NRTP

• Made one that is solar powered NRTP

• Total voters
So not too long ago I finished watching all 6 star wars movies....and I felt like looking for a lightsaber on ebay. Unfortunatley, they did not have a real one. Yeah, a pain in the ass. But then it came to mind that I didn't really know if anyone has created one. And thats where you come in! What do you think? Then again, I don't really know how much power something like this would take. I'm guessing it would be some sort of laser, but myself am not sure how much power it would take to be able to cut someone. Not only that, but you would have to control it to reach a certain distance, without being too weak so it can't cut, or too strong, so that it doesnt keep going. And what kind of battery would it take? I'm sure something like that would suck the power out, unless someone has come up with some way of converting the suns light into energy. But really,. would it be so hard to make one? Tell me what you think.

Godwrystmatrix said:
unless someone has come up with some way of converting the suns light into energy.

solar.gif

Horribly inefficient, though.

Anyway you could create a laser with a falloff, using two separate beams and a focal point, but the power wouldn't be equal along the beams, making it a crappy sword.

Another alternative would be a plasma beam, but to make one long enough for a sword you will need a ridiculous amount of power. Also, to contain plasma you need a strong magnetic field. That field turns the saber into a huge liability because someone could kill you by just tossing a box of paper clips in your general direction.

So yea, I think it would be impossible to make a practical one with today's technology.

my advanced physics teacher said you'd need an electromagnet the size of Paris to make one :(

I want to buy a Force FX lightsaber, though.

malakian said:
my advanced physics teacher said you'd need an electromagnet the size of Paris to make one :(

I want to buy a Force FX lightsaber, though.

My mate's got two, Mace Windu's and Luke Skywalker's. They're pretty cool the way the sound effects match up to what the sword is doing and how they smoothly light up and down the length of the 'sword' when you turn them on and off. I don't know where he got them from (he won't tell us) but I'm guessing from a place in Wolverhampton and they only cost £40 and £50.

Sam

There was a show on the discovery channel. They can actually make a real lightsaber using plasms but the hilt would have to be the size of a house.

My lightsaber makes wooshy sounds and lights up at my command. Though it can't kill anyone, just causes bruises.

$5 only at Wal-Mart!

At the poll you should have made the choice"i have one but i did not created it".I ogt a lightsaber from a friend for a gift.It's not very noisy.

Bazooka56 said:
At the poll you should have made the choice"i have one but i did not created it".I ogt a lightsaber from a friend for a gift.It's not very noisy.

Did you actually read the topic?We aren't asking if you created one were asking if you know if anyones created one and even if the was a chi=oice it would be "i have one but did not create it.

The closest I've seen to a real lightsaber was a laser cutter for engraving, which wasn't great since the machine was the size of a small shed.

i created a lightsaber once atleast i think it was one.that or the shrooms going to my head.meh either way

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle