Let's Talk: Borderlands

TheJx4

Rookie
Loved it. Finished it. Terrible ending. Playing through it again.

How do you feel about the game? Pros? Cons? What was your experience like? Are you exciting for Borderlands 2? More quest]ions?

I liked the vehicle controls, but the cars did feel pretty light weight.

I've beaten it a few times, and platinum'd it on PS3. I still haven't played through all of the DLC, though. I only have them on PC, and it likes to crash-to-desktop on me a lot, probably thanks to my competitor graphics card.

Modding it on any platform was fun, too. No matter what MattAY says... >_>

When I first bought the game (which I think was a few months), I either played solo or splitscreen. I didn't really like the idea of playing with randoms, but at one point I tried it anyway. Kinda ruined it for me, and I had a ton of quests that I knew nothing about. I returned the game within a week.

Picked up a $20 PSN card at Gamestop, and man...is there nothing worth $20 on there. A friend and I share an account, so I bought it on that one and we started playing the next. Played every mission with him from beginning to end and it was a great experience, one I don't think you could get by playing with random people.

The only problems I have with the game itself, is the terrible scaling. The balance is damn near perfect at the beginning of the second playthrough, enemies aren't too strong but they aren't too weak. By the time you get to Mine Key mission, enemies are pretty much walking tanks. It's funny however, that ALL OF THE BOSSES SUCK. We beat Sledge literally under 2 minutes. Hell, I wasn't even shooting him...
It gets worse as they game goes on, and I fear they haven't fixed the scaling in Borderlands 2.

If you guys have any level 40-50 characters, I'd love to play with ya. Just got to the Dahl Headlands

PSN: TheJx4

Aww you're on PSN. I think I left off around 40-50 but I'm on the 360. I've finished everything except the arena (which was kind of a letdown exp pack) and didn't finish the General Knoxx Armory or whatever. The robot revolution was epic though. The main story sucked but the robot revolution was pretty epic (or at least the final boss). I liked the zombies too as I happened to get it around Halloween and it was very appropriate.

I just think I liked the diablo-esque lootfest in a FPS/RPG. It was really addicting. I can't wait for the 2nd one.

I had a great experience with this game, 3 of my friends and I all had it and the DLC and it was just a blast. We played through the whole game and 2 DLC packs plus parts of the others.
I would be up for playing but I'm on the 360 and I'm a level 69 so the level scaling may be a tad large

Delta47 said:
I had a great experience with this game, 3 of my friends and I all had it and the DLC and it was just a blast. We played through the whole game and 2 DLC packs plus parts of the others.
I would be up for playing but I'm on the 360 and I'm a level 69 so the level scaling may be a tad large

It's already ridiculous even if you're the same level, unfortunately.

You guys think I should get the DLC even with the game coming out in two months?

TheJx4 said:
Delta47 said:

It's already ridiculous even if you're the same level, unfortunately.

You guys think I should get the DLC even with the game coming out in two months?

They are all cool except the Underdome one, unless you insist on grinding an arena thing.

My experience with Borderlands is having played 3-player LAN co-op with my brother and our friend. We would set up times, join up at one of our houses and have a blast. Then, we started LANing less and less, but tried to keep it going on Xbox Live. Eventually we just stopped.

It just got repetitive and dull. And I don't think the online experience is bad, per se, but after all the LAN parties it just doesn't compare at all. Less communication, no looking in each other's screens, less fun overall.

I think they picked it back up without me at some point but didn't get any further.

I don't have all that much interest in Borderlands 2, personally.

The story certainly seems to be more of a focus. We skipped or ignored every instance of story in the first game.

Because it's pretty much filler. It's even more clear on the second playthrough, how little the missions have to do with the story sometimes.

But yeah, hopefully it has a larger emphasis on the narrative. Not just little audio clips and a cutscene and/or boss fight thrown in.

used44 said:
The story certainly seems to be more of a focus. We skipped or ignored every instance of story in the first game.
The lack of complete voice overs did that to me. I still paid attention to the story and why I was doing things, but I couldn't be bothered, nor will I ever be, to read walls of text in video games.

schimmel said:
danielrbischoff said:
De-Ting said:
I couldn't be bothered, nor will I ever be, to read walls of text in video games.
You have no idea how much this hurts me to hear.

Had to repost. What happened to gamers these days?
I've always been that way. Now, I've played Final Fantasy, Pokemon, and a lot of other classics without full voice overs, but when it's presented to you in a huge block, it is what it is. That's what I'm poking at here.

schimmel said:
danielrbischoff said:
De-Ting said:
I couldn't be bothered, nor will I ever be, to read walls of text in video games.
You have no idea how much this hurts me to hear.

Had to repost. What happened to gamers these days?

That is very sad.

But in Borderland's case, I agree that skipping through the awful writing and getting straight to the quest goals is how you'll end up playing by a few hours into it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod