La Caja Roja

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Bretimus_v2, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 So tired.

So I was getting lunch today at a fine establishment you might have frequented before, McDonalds, when I noticed a sign on the nearby RedBox. It visually screamed at me. And the words it uttered were "I have games!" So tonight I went home to find out that it's like $2/night. I don't know how I feel about that, but since there is no longer such a thing as a vidya store (Blockbuster, Hollywood Video, Adventureland Video, etc.), it's kinda the only option aside from "renting" the GameStop way. I imagine I might use this occasionally, probably as often as I used BB. Mostly to peruse a guy before dropping 3 twenties on it.

Also, PS3 controllers are only $35 at KMart. It's been a good day for my gaming.

2. kingg5

kingg5 Rookie

Gamefly is an ok place to rent hinder you that you might not get what you want right aways, but so far i find it worth it

3. danielrbischoff

I gotta get around to trying gamefly.

4. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Gamefly is great for when you're in a gaming slump. I had it for about a year and it was well worth what I paid. And I lived being able to "keep it" any game you liked. I've got a huge stack of games in my backlog that need played now, though, so no more Gamefly for me.

Redbox seems neat but there aren't any near me. I bet I'd get myself in trouble with the whole $2 a night thing. Really punishes my laziness.

5. kingg5

kingg5 Rookie

Me I play those games to hell till I just can't play it anymore. Only game I'll end up buying Fable 3

6. Mitchy_Slick_253

i got a blockbuster rite up the street 8) cable internet hasnt quite got around to this neighborhood and i think im the only one within 20 square miles who has cable haha.

7. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 So tired.

cue banjo

8. Mitchy_Slick_253

haha more like cue sirens and gunshots

9. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Haha.

I've actually got two Blockbuster stores near me. Excited for them to go under so I can swoop in and get some weird used stuff for cheap.

10. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 So tired.

Man, our Blockbuster closed and they shipped all the good stuff to their Netflix-esque warehouse...until they decide to fold that silly operation as well.

11. schimmel

schimmel Rookie

Haha I still have a Blockbuster! It got bought out by Dish Network and apparently only the busier corporate stores are staying open now. I'm super happy I still have one, and their movies got cheaper; $.50-$1.99 for a rental, they're all one night, and each additional night is $0.33-$0.99, so I'm digging it!

12. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Oh yeah... That's probably what would happen to the stock at my local Blockbusters too. Damn, I was so looking forward to getting a used copy of Uncle Buck for $0.75.

13. Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

The Blockbuster that was like a block away from my college campus closed down and they had closing sales...So I guess it just depends on where the place closes at.

14. NickKmet

NickKmet Regular

You live in Tacoma, right? South side?

15. Mitchy_Slick_253

yuuup there and NE tacoma by federal way

16. NickKmet

NickKmet Regular

Thought so. Lots of gunshots there. I live in Olympia, at least until the school year.