King of Fighters XII coming out soon.

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Diabolus, May 2, 2009.

1. Diabolus

Diabolus Rookie

For PS3 and 360. If you miss the good old days of 2D gaming, pick it up. Every character and backround is hand drawn, and every character was completely redrawn from scratch. It comes out in July I believe. Just a heads up. :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAiggrXKcwk

2. Diabolus

Diabolus Rookie

3. LinksOcarina

LinksOcarina Rookie

They will never do a 2 1/2-D one again, will they?

4. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I've never been into the King of Fighters series. I don't have a clue about it really. I saw though that their latest game is going to remain sprite animated and I reckon the animation looks absolutely amazing, really. I won't be getting it but hey, I wouldn't mind having a look simply because of its awesome animation.

5. Diabolus

Diabolus Rookie

If you've played Capcom vs SNK, Samurai Shodown, Metal Slug, etc, then you'll know what to expect. SNK is easily on par with Capcom as far as quality(old school)gaming goes. They(SNK and Capcom)were the Sega and Nintendo of 2D arcade gaming back in the day. PIck it up, learn to play, be happy, and know that you're supporting a dying breed of artistic expression in an interactive medium. That's enough for me.

I've been waiting for a long time for someone to make a super high res 2D masterpiece, and now that time has finally arrived.