Controversial win?

• guy was out on his feet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Didn't quite add up

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kingkyle

Rookie
That was a good fight, Kimbo came out and surprised me for the most part with some decent ground work. If he was conditioned better, and learned more jujitsu I could see him being a monster, and soon apearing in the UFC.

That win was a bit strange though you have to admit. In the UFC that fight probably would of been called in the second round. You can't lie on your side and take constant shots for a minut without doing anything to improve your position, without the match being called.

The guy looked like he was out on his feet though, his eyes seemed to be looking in two different directions, but still he was on his feet. Kimbo was connecting with dangerous power for the whole fight, and I was surprised he didn't put him out with any one of those shots.

All in all it was a good fight.

Kimbo was definitely doing damage to him while they were on their feet and I could see a knockout coming in the 3rd round. But Thompson almost had him while they were on the ground.

I do think this fight proved that Kimbo needs more training before he can succeed in MMA. I can't see him lasting very long against someone who hasn't lost 7 of their last 9 matches.

Haha his cauliflower ear was completely fucked at the end. You could see a little giblet falling off at one point.

Stupid end to the fight. Thompson looked like he was mad about getting hit and was ready to punch Kimbo when the fight was called. I couldn't even blame him for hitting the ref.

If they had just let it go a little longer we'd know for sure. After seeing the round before when Kimbo just laid on the ground getting hit for a minute straight. Just let the fight run its course.

Absolute garbage fight, garbage card, and I imagine anyone new to MMA after watching that wont be returning.

Thompson had Kimbo beat in the second, and Thompson won the first round, or so the judges and all ringside reporters had it, and they call the fight because his ear began to bleed....

Both men failed horribly on the ground, and Thompson who's now 14-9 has beaten no one of importance, and has lost his last three fights, and kimbo still couldn't finish definitivley. Kimbo will never be in UFC, he's beaten 2 cans with horrible records coming off of 2 and 4 losses straight before fighting KImbo

I say again, Kimbo will never be in UFC< let alone main eventing another card (why the fuck was the Lawler fight not main event.... being for a title)

The whole card was pathetic, the championship match ended by an eye poke, and Gina, in the match that was supposed to put female MMA into the main stream, failed as she couldn't even make weight, I wont be bothered to watch another eliteXC match so long as I live

madster111 said:
..wait..WTF?

american thing?

Not really.

Kimbo had him on the final round, Thompson was receiving some heavy shit, and on that - i don't think he would of lasted much longer. If you have an ear thats literally hanging just off skin, i doubt you can even make a come back.

Thompson ate 5/6 big blows, was wobbly, and didn't answer back. at first glance it looks like a bad stoppage, but on the replay after his ear bursts and he takes a solid one on the chin - it was pretty much over. He was standing only because his knees didn't buckle. Up until that point 1 had the rounds split 1-1.

I was disappointed and surpised with Kimbo, Disappointed to see his stamina is garbage and he didnt end it earlier, on the other hand i was surprised by his ground game. Thompson was a solid fighter, but not a premier guy - Kimbo is going to have a tough time in the UFC when he starts climbing the ladder.

All in all - controversial, but fair - and Thompson can dispute that call and hold his head up. [ he did manage to connect with a left hook to the referee's face.]

I think it was staged....but thats me.

I mean, they are trying to promote Kimbo Slice as a big draw for the prime time right? So in my mind, at least, they would WANT him to win. But thats me.

I never liked this crap to begin with, despite taking Karate and being a pacifist (theres an oxymoron for you.)

That dude's alien ear was the funniest thing ever. We had about ten people watching it in the dorm and as soon as he was introduced we were taking bets on when his ear was going to pop.

Funny/gross.

Gina didn't make weight but her fight was still really good. The even lamer controversy was the end of the Lawler fight. The refs/doctors of EliteXC suck shit.

I think in time Kimbo will learn. He is a quick learner, people in the hood have to be. i just wish more hood ppl put their smarts to books instead of weed, but fuck it.

Kimbo is very powerful and can knock out anybody with a clean hit. He has to learn ground and defense techniques. When he does, it will be funny how quick he blows up. Give him a chance.

Tank Abott is still fighting, and he's on a losing spree !

And to be honest for a guy that has no background in fighting except backyard brawls, he's doing f*cking great....

Kimbo wont learn, he can't, he's too over the hill and buys into his own hype

As for his power, its incredibly exagerated, alexander emmalienko knocked out thompson in 38 seconds, kimbo went full at him for 3 rounds and failed to do the same

Kimbo has zero ground technique, which every fighter has, hell Kimbo was beat sensless by Sean Gannon, who fails miserably at MMA< Kimbo is nothing but a sideshow freak, and I'm tired of people who think he'll actually accomplish anything

Equilibrium

And first I couldn't understand the call until I watched the replay. The ref stopped it, not the doctor, not the judges, the ref. A ref never stops for a popped cauliflower ear, that wasn't what cause it. I thought Thompson had Kimbo beat, but those punches to his head didn't just bust his cauliflower, if you watch the guy's eyes and movement you'll see he lost his equilibrium, not just dazed but lost his equilibrium. The ref made the right decision, whether it last long or not, that happening has to end the fight because it could need immediate surgery. The ref made the right decision, and Thompson was stupid not to guard that, he shoulda known that Kimbo's mentality would force him to strike for the ear when on his feet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod