Kids today can't beat world 1-1 of the original Super Mario.

I'm not able to play the New Super Mario Bros, but I'm sure the concept is similar. So, how to kids feel about the New Super Mario Bros?

Start Mario off with a gun, haha.

I'm not all that surprised, video games have gotten easier and easier. The point in New Super Mario Bros Wii U is to collect coins. I think by the time I got through the first world I had almost 50 lives. Kids today have no concept of limited continues and when it's Game Over you have to start all the way from the beginning.

Also when I was 6 I found Super Mario Bros to be really hard. However I could still get through 1-1 LOL.

Now The Lost Levels (aka Super Mario Bros 2 in Japan) was retarded. I played it in All-Stars when I was a kid and could not get pass world 1-1. To this day the furthest I ever got was 1-3

It's not just kids. I've gotten worse myself. =(

I remember when I was a kid I beat Super Mario 2 and it was a huge deal to me cause that game was such a pain in the ass. Fast forward a couple of years and the same deal with Sonic & Knuckles.

I bought both of them off the wii console for some good ol fashioned nostalgia and I can't get through them again. I was like, wow when did I start to suck so bad at games?

But you also have to remember that a lot of those early games were ports of arcade games. They were designed for you to die a lot so you'd keep putting quarters in the machine.

How old were these testers? Were they 4?
Because seriously, my 7 year old niece kicks wholesale ass in Minecraft. She lures creepers into TNT traps to see what sort of explosions she can get, so she could probably figure out the concept of 'avoid monster things, collect coins'.

Also, there is no run button. It's a myth, designed to make people who can't get past 1-3 feel bad.

The article doesn't seem to disclose some important info. I not convinced it's real. However, I wouldn't be surprised if kids these days can't play Super Mario Bros, or simply don't want to.

Guys the kids tested were gamers and it's meant to show how easy games are today that they can't even defeat the first level of Super Mario Bros. I am also very rusty and there are many NES games that are impossible for me to finish. But not completing world 1-1 is just embarrassing.

And De-Ting, The Globe and Mail is a very credible newspaper that serves all of Canada.

I never got far in mario games, but I did better than that. I did beat Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2 though for the SNES, those fuckers were hard.

I'm currently stuck on Bongo Bongo in Zelda....

The original mario 1 game? I've beat it but its a lot less enjoyable than the way Mario Bros 3 handled.

Every couple years I fire up Super Mario World in a snes emulator and 100% it. Such a good game.

I'd like to watch anyone today finish battletoads without getting angry.

Sourdeez said:
The original mario 1 game? I've beat it but its a lot less enjoyable than the way Mario Bros 3 handled.

Every couple years I fire up Super Mario World in a snes emulator and 100% it. Such a good game.

I'd like to watch anyone today finish battletoads without getting angry.

I would like to see anyone finish battletoads

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
I never got far in mario games, but I did better than that. I did beat Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2 though for the SNES, those fuckers were hard.

I'm currently stuck on Bongo Bongo in Zelda....

How the hell did you manage the minecart ride in DK1, and not Bongo Bongo?! God dammit man...that minecart ride.

If you think about it, did you get past World 1-1 on the first try? I know I didn't do it probably because my dad kept sabotaging my attempts to jump a pit.

So... has anyone caught the fact that the article said the report is fake? Here are some articles from the website this quote came from:

"Using Babysitting Mama as a Babysitting Guide Leaves 25 Babies Dead Annually"

"Female Protagonist Game Jam Cancelled After Devs Spend Most of Their Time on Breast Jiggle Physics"

"Children Who Pick a Side in Console Wars Are 90 Percent More Likely to Join a Gang"

FrozenBacon said:
"Children Who Pick a Side in Console Wars Are 90 Percent More Likely to Join a Gang"
Perfectly represents the childhood i can remember.

All those west side punks with their xboxes...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod