Karma's a b*tch

Kijan

Rookie
Isn't it? ;)

Ubisoft's DRM Servers Go Down

UK, March 8, 2010 - Ubisoft's DRM servers were overloaded over the weekend, rendering the recently released PC version of Assassin's Creed II unplayable for many legitamate owners of the game.

In an attempt to combat piracy, Ubisoft announced an extreme method of DRM whereby games required a constant internet connection.

Assassin's Creed II, released last week, was the one of the first games to support the policy, and its first weekend has been plagued by server issues with posters on the official forums telling of connection outages.

"Due to exceptional demand, we are currently experiencing difficulties with the Online Service Platform," said an official response on the forums, "This does not affect customers who are currently playing, but customers attempting to start a game may experience difficulty in accessing our servers. We are currently working to resolve this issue and apologize for any inconvenience."

Stop the DRM madness, please.

Yep.

Know the best part?
My pirated copy of Assassins Creed 2 was working perfectly.

Ubisoft = Moronic Dickheads.

Annnnd this round goes to the pirates.

I feel inclined to start a new baseball season with the Pirates. I've been in a pirate-y mood since I beat Tales of Monkey Island, anyway.

It is a bitch, isen't it Ubisoft.

What makes this sad is the fact that instead of listening to fans, they will probably go forward with this the whole nine and do it for every DRM they make on the PC.

keepithowitis said:
^They'll lose their whole market to pirates before they can do that.
Yep.

They'll end up having to remove it anyway, unless those retards want to keep a server up for 10+ years.

Oh well, my copy is working perfectly and the server crash didn't bother me at all...

But then again, as i said on the other topic about this bullshit, my copy is about as legal as a blowjob from a 14 y/o crackwhore. So yeah, crackwhores > Ubisoft.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod