James, James Bond

kingg5

Rookie
Despite the tittle this is not a James Bond fan topic, it is more of a question. What does James Bond have to do with Thanksgiving? Every year it's the same ol crap, a James Bond marathon on some channel or another. So as I said what does James Bond have to do with thanksgiving? Was he born on thanksgiving like jesus was born on Christmas
(allegetially) or was he there when the Pilgrims came to plymouth rock? Will we see a James Bond movie set during Thanksgiving with him fighting terrorist Inians with nifty gagdets?

It seems to me the marathons come up because they know that people will watch them and there are 22 movies to draw upon. Why fuss about what will draw people every year when you know there are almost two dozen movies that have a huge fan base and will have days on end to waste? It's probably cheap to license too, because MGM is broke.

Also, you may air 6-8 movies one year, air a different 6-8 the next year, same next year. By the fourth year it's been so long they can repeat them again because it's been so long since people have seen the movies. No one wants to work hard on thanksgiving - T.V. stations included.

I remember on election day 2004 Adult Swim played the same Harvey Birdman episode 24 times. that was fun.

Rakon said:
I miss the days when TBS would play The Shawshank Redemption 6 times in a row

i miss the days when AMC played the Green Berets 6 times in a row every day... oh wait... nope, i really don't.

I think it's because MGM is so broke that they shop those movies out to anybody willing to pay. And it's not like BBC America has anything better to air (other than Top Gear).

I don't mind the 007 movies being overplayed on holiday tv marathons, because I'm not going out of my way to watch them on my own, so it's cool to catch them on cable every once in awhile.

BBC America just needs qi. Just alternate top gear and qi. one day top gear, next day qi, next day top gear, next day qi. topgear. qi. topgear. qi. topgearqiaproeapiapoeiqapiapqit

I would like that.

I really like MI-5 (or spooks as it is called in Britain) though that just finished up as a series. And Sherlock. And some more Classic BBC shows.

NickKmet said:
I really like MI-5 (or spooks as it is called in Britain) though that just finished up as a series. And Sherlock. And some more Classic BBC shows.

Spooks was superb, shame it has ended though.

Anyone else been watching 'the only way is essex' or 'made in chelsea' :shock:

Bretimus_v2 said:
NickKmet said:
Bretimus_v2 said:
I loved the new Sherlock with Martin Freeman that had 3 episodes a little while back.

3 more coming early next year!

Wait, what? You've just made my 2012 for me!

yeah, they just wrapped up shooting, and are looking for an early 2012 release on the BBC, and then on PBS for sure in May.

Bretimus_v2 said:
I caught it on Netflix and was so disappointed when it ended after 3 episodes.

yeah, it's a really good show. It's too bad they don't do more episodes per series, but they are really long and the production value is pretty good.

Another show on the BBC i forgot about that I really like: Midsomer Murders. Always a good time trying to solve the case and let's not forget, there's lots of murder!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle