ITT I remind you all how awesome the genesis was.

Discussion in 'Retro Gaming' started by Silios, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Silios

Silios Rookie

Remember this?
    [​IMG]

I'm not even sure that one would work, so let's be safe and use the genesis 3

[​IMG]

I never owned the six button controller as a kid, and I beat Street Fighter 2 on hard mode with just this. *End of brag*
    [​IMG]
    Let's hook it up now... Dear god...
    [​IMG]

Jesus... Is that a plate?
    [​IMG]

What the shit? Atleast the genesis didn't have that annoying screw analog thing
    [​IMG]

Finally! Ok now channel 3
    I can hardly wait :D

[​IMG]

:?
    *Blows cartridge*
    [​IMG]
    *blows some more*

After blowing on the cart for an hour... SUCCESS!
    [​IMG]

2. Boringman54

Boringman54 Rookie

im glad i never had a genesis if it takes that long just to set up it but thats wat the virtual console is for

3. jivesc00ter

jivesc00ter Regular

playing games on the system is a million times better tha then virtual console

4. Silios

Silios Rookie

Playing a game on the actual console will always be better, simply for the nostalgia. It would be hard to understand for someone who didn't grow up in the 90's playing these games. But, you have to understand setting it was half the fun *That wasn't the case when I was a kid*

I haven't played on a genesis since 1995, and a little over a decade later I'm 20 years old in college. It's around this age I long for the things of my childhood, something to cling on to when you feel like the world is rushing you into adulthood. And it's just awesome hanging around the dorm with five guys playing street fighter 2 and acting like 11 year olds again *Replace cool aid with beer*

5. Boringman54

Boringman54 Rookie

well i didnt play genesis i played on the snes instead

6. TheNesMan

TheNesMan Rookie

I'm looking at my Genesis right now, it's essentially on the ground beside my computer in my room. It looks like pitfall is in it now. Damn, i feel like playing the lion king.