It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage.

Bretimus_v2

So tired.
And guess who just passed a shiny new milepost!

featuretrophyportal.jpg

Got my first platinum on Borderlands. I have to say, I've never made it a goal to get these stupid things, but now that I have one...I might start treasure hunting for more of these.

Next up...Uncharted (seemed fitting).

How many plats do you have? First one? And what the hell is the Achievement equivalent?

Is that when you get 100% of the achievements? I've only done that in King Kong, Tomb Raider Legends, and Dead Rising: Case Zero.

I'm super close on Assassin's Creed 2, but one hundred feathers... eh.
Same with Demon's Souls. Grinding for materials isn't worth getting the plat.

used44 said:
Is that when you get 100% of the achievements? I've only done that in King Kong, Tomb Raider Legends, and Dead Rising: Case Zero.

I think so. But it's only on full games that you can get a plat. DLC only awards you one gold at most.

I have several other games that I could probably pump one out of: MW2, RDR, AC2 (but I agree with Longo, especially since I'm probably 50-60 in and...).

Mostly, I just want to beat my little bro's count.

I told myself I was going to Platinum GT5, but that's not happening anytime soon.

I have like 6 or 7 1000s on the 360 though.

I have a few games where I'm incredibly close, within one or two achievements, like the Assassin's Creed series, but meh. It's usually about collecting shit anyway.

I'm very close on a like 3 or 4 games but your right after getting my first one on ratchet and clank crack in time i got two others in darksiders and god of war 3 totally worth it

10 Platinums, last I checked, not including the PS Store titles I've 100%'ed.

The only 360 title I've almost finished is Oblivion.

I am a massive achievement whore. I've 100% Dead Space, Resident Evil 5 and Bioshock. Along with a couple of DLCs (Banjo 1 and 2, and Worms).

I have a load where I need one annoying achievement that's mega hard. there are also online achievements that I cant get due to me not having Live.

I love collecting them though, it's my main drive to play every game I have for 30+ hours.

MattAY said:
I love collecting them though, it's my main drive to play every game I have for 30+ hours.

This is what I like about the trophy/cheevo system. I like that it gives you a way to enjoy a game a bit more after you've finished with the story. But it bugs me when they just throw trophies at you, or contraversely make them ridiculously hard to achieve.

Mostly, I love when you get a trophy for something ridiculous and it was completely unintentional. My personal favorite was the "Dastardly" trophy on RDR. I had one of the roadside stick-ups where the women cons you in and four guys pop-up. Shot the guys dead and figured she wasn't worth a bullet. Roped her, hogtied her and put her on the tracks. Ding...trophy.

used44 said:

Pfft...newbie...

I never cared for achievement hunting, but I have 100% on several games, including both Mass Effects and Fallout 3. So yeah...i'm crazy for getting 100% so much.

I've got 1000g on Modern Warfare 2, CoD 4 Modern Warfare, Assassin's Creed 2, King Kong, and How To Train Your Dragon for 360.

I've got the full 200g for XBLA titles for Monday Night Combat, Harm's Way, Plants Vs Zombies, Duke Nukem Manhattan Project, Battlefield 1943, and Dash of Destruction.

I'm a total Achievement whore...

That said, I just got my PS3 so I don't have any plats so far, but I'm hoping to not spread the addiction across two platforms...

In fact, I'd like to lessen my achievement dependency further.

I'm not too much of a completionist, but I hit 20,000 gamerscore a few weeks ago.. I've gotten 1000 gamerscore or more on a few games; Madden 06, Halo 3, Fallout 3 (both PC and 360), and a few arcade games. Right now I'm trying to get all the achievements for Fruit Ninja on my Windows Phone, but that is damn hard. It's nice for someone like me to be able to get gamerscore on the go though :wink:

Never got 1000g on any game yet, I did however get 200/200 on Dash of Destruction because it was free and extremely easy. I'm not an achievement whore, but I might buy EA Fight Night Round 3 and Avatar: The Burning Earth so I can have something that shows I got all of the achievements.

Playing Avatar would make you the definition of an achievement whore. FN Round 3 is a really good game though. It was one of the first 360 titles I owned. Don't feel guilty playing that. I think I got something like 900 or 950/1000 in it. Little did I know at the time how gravely important achievements would become.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod