Insanity workout

The_Joker

Rookie
I just started it today...threw up 2/3rds of the way through, so lots of work to do.

But it's a 60 day program so I'm gonna try sticking to it.

Anyone ever try this or it's variant (P90X)?

Yes, I've tried it out. My friend has both and just let me borrow his. I liked P90 better because you didn't need weights. I do have some free weights but I don't want to begin throwing them around while watching tv at the same time. I dunno, I get particular when it comes to weight training. (read: FOCUSED AS FUCK!) but actually, i just don't want to break something with an errant flying 20 pound weight.
in any case I stopped it and just went back to a personalized routine. I hope it works for you, though. My friend swears by his P90X but I bet you'll get better results out of Insanity.

Well there's bunch of people who would quit early while exercising with the video. That's why I don't buy any exercise videos.

Insanity is good and will help you lose a lot of weight if you keep to the proper diet. What I liked most was that when the workouts started to get too easy, you start the harder ones that kill you all over again. Just make sure you EAT RIGHT to see the best results. There is a diet plan that comes with the workout and I would advise you to use it. Most of the food in it isn't that bad either. That vanilla-berry protein shake has to be the worst thing I ever ate in my life, though.

I also tried P90X but never finished it because I didn't have all the equipment. I found P90X a lot easier than inasnity, but that is because I am a heavy guy and cardio always kills me (I weight 30lbs lighter than I did when I did P90X too! If I did insanity back then I probably would've died). P90X will help you gain muscle mass, though. Insanity will make you lose weight faster but you won't gain as much muscle because there are no weights.

When I get out the military I think I am going to do the insanity workout plan again and then switch over to P90X to gain that muscle for that super sexy bod. This was my plan earlier this year so I could look sexy while still in Hawaii, but stupid crap kept coming up (e.g. partying and irresponsible drinking) and I had to end up abandoning the work out plan early.

INSANITY. WORKOUT! Doosh-doosh!

Kudos to you, because I could never do that. Plus, I kind of want to see how you're progressing, so keep us updated!

I've heard of P90x and I heard it's crazy, but I also heard it can get incredible results.

I concur - keep us all posted!

Anything that gets you motivated and excited about exercising is a good program. Both programs are great if you want to improve your cardio, endurance or muscle definition. But if your goal is to gain muscle size its best to stick with the old fashion weights at the gym and lift heavy. I know in P90X you "can" lift heavy for some of the exercises but the rest time is too short and you'll soon be back to using a lighter weight.

But in all honesty, no matter what workout program your doing, if you don't have good nutrition, your not going to get results. Nutrition and exercise go hand in hand and you need to focus on both, in fact, most athletes will focus 75% of their time on nutrition and only 25% on actually working out. And that's the honest truth, from my personal experience I did get results until I got my nutrition right and I found that to be much harder to do than actually working out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod