Idea for a new forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking, is it possible to create a Fan Fiction Forum on here? Where people can write fan-fics on games and other stuff?

Yeah, because I have this Resident Evil Fan Fiction I've been working on and it's pretty darn good.

well I like UFC, so lets have a UFC forum, Mala also enjoys guitars, we need a forum for that, also we should have a Transformers forum, I'm sure someone here likes that, and to top it off we'd need a ice cream forum

Change the Misc board into two boards, one for on topic discussion (religion, politics) and one for off topic discussion (post your pictures, fun in general). It works.

Actually that is a good idea, I've seen it successfully work on other forums.

If you want to join an intelligent conversation about something non-game related, you visit the appropriate 'Misc' board -- where as if you just want to post some nonsense (post your pics, what song are you listening to, check out this ytmnd, etc -- not spam), you visit the other 'Misc' board.

We have a different system over at Levels4You that probably would be easier to implement in this situation.

Keep all the current forum sections, but have a special 'Spam topic' under 'Misc.'. That way, you have a place to safely spam, and you can get really tough on spamming elsewhere, as there's a proper place for it.

Similarly, any topic which seems to be an excuse to spam can be labelled as such. Posting in one of these labelled topics will NOT add to your post count.

Chris_s said:
Change the Misc board into two boards, one for on topic discussion (religion, politics) and one for off topic discussion (post your pictures, fun in general). It works.

Why have a subforum for misc?

It already covers everything!

People have suggested the entire "spam" board idea before. Personally, i like Chris idea, two misc boards, one being a serious and intelligent one and the other just for fun. I think it could work fairly well, but the posters have to realize that any sort of posts closely resembling spam wouldn't be accepted in the intelligent misc board.

There are a lot of ways we should improve the GR community section, and I think a Fan Fic forum is definitely one of them. Right now, though, our hands are full, so such matters will have to be the prerogative of TNO and the moderators of the boards themselves. Hopefully in the future we'll be able to support such ideas with contests, but until then, work with the moderators to implement good ideas like this one within the sections we already have.

Actually, I've always sort of hoped for a Sports Forum. I'm justa big sports fan who really likes discussing day-to-day sports junk. It just seems that as much as I'd like to post sports topics in Misc., it wouldannoy alot of people. And keeping it all to one thread would be kinda crowded. I know there aren't that many sports fans here, especially among our older, more stable posters, but its just something I would utilize.
Of course, if we have sports forum then why not a music forum or a book forum or a car forum, blah blah blah.

And I could always go to a different messageboard for sports discussion, but, I don't know... I only like these boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod