ICP Sues the FBI for Classifying Juggalos as a Gang

Guan_Yu

Rookie
http://seattletimes.com/html/entertainm ... =head_more

http://gawker.com/5946200/insane-clown- ... ialflow%22

Well this is just a weird story. According to the FBI's most recent National Gang Threat Assessment report, Juggalos are now classified as a "criminal organization formed on the street".

Shaggy 2 Dope gave this profound nugget of wisdom on the subject: "You're trying to grow love in your country and shit, then the head of your country—the FBI—just turns around and fucking kicks you in the nuts. How are you supposed to respond to that?"

To retaliate against "the head of our country", ICP filed a Freedom of Information Act against the FBI to release all of the information they used to classify Juggalos as a gang.

They also launched a site, www.juggalosfightback.com, for Juggalos to discuss how anti-Juggalo The Man is. And they posted a video where they talk to a crowd about the consequences of this report: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwyFjrp8 ... r_embedded

And suddenly, depressed 15-year-olds across the country feel way cooler because they think they have actual street cred.

Personally, I hate Juggalos. Can't stand 'em. But I have to take their side on this one. Classifying all Juggalos as gang members is a sweeping generalization. I understand that many Juggalos are real scumbag criminals, There are even real gangs out there that consist mostly of Juggalos, but that is a very small percentage and can not be used as an adequate sample of the entire subculture. The vast majority of them are just ignorant, trashy people with terrible taste in music, or teenagers who want to feel accepted. While I may disagree with their lifestyle, I certainly wouldn't classify them gang members.

Think about it this way: some dumb teenager who is a fan of ICP gets arrested on a misdemeanor charge. At the time of his arrest, he happens to be wearing an ICP shirt. Now he is a gang member in the eyes of the law, and will receive a harsher sentence accordingly. Because he is a fan of some shitty rap group, he is now ranked up there with real gang members who commit planned acts of assault, murder, theft, narcotics distribution, human trafficking, etc. It's just not right.

But what do I know? Not much. So put your thoughts inside me and tell me what you think about this whole thing.

Stupid people identify with violent lyrics and do stupid violent things. Apparently it's happened enough times with 'Juggalos' and the FBI took notice. Should all ICP fans be lumped together in a database? No, but a sufficient number of pricks has now made it an issue for all of them.

I like ICP's music (to an extent) and I've only robbed two, maybe three liquor stores, but I don't consider myself a Juggalo. I would claim to be under the influence of Michael Bolton.

Nobody should be prosecuted for their taste in music, style of dress or idotic antics, no matter how much they annoy us.

So, I think this is wrong, but then again, there isn't shit I can do about it.

I'm not a fan of ICP, I don't like their fans, but I'm going to side with them on this one.

The FBI is wrong and they should feel bad about it.

Oh, I know many juggalos sadly, and they hate being called "gangs." They claim their "fam" not "gangs."

I think we all know the only way this can end is in front of the Supreme Court panel with Violent J, in full clown makeup and a three piece suit, nodding sagely as his legal team fiercely argues in his defense. Once the case is won, there will be a freeze frame of every major player as David Bowie's "Heroes" plays in the background.

Guan_Yu said:
I think we all know the only way this can end is in front of the Supreme Court panel with Violent J, in full clown makeup and a three piece suit, nodding sagely as his legal team fiercely argues in his defense. Once the case is won, there will be a freeze frame of every major player as David Bowie's "Heroes" plays in the background.

Despite the sarcasm... this would actually be awesome.

why should we care about insane clown possee and people dressed up as ghetto clowns? It's not like they are killing anyone. Right?

NecroWolf said:
Guan_Yu said:

Despite the sarcasm... this would actually be awesome.

Yeah, too bad the SCOTUS is lawyers only.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod