I luvs me some Easter Eggs!

JCD

Regular
Well Easter is once again fast approaching, so I reckon we get down to the serious business of videogame Easter Eggs. Specifically, your favorites.

Personally, I'd go for "The Siege of Madrigal" music being played when you got to a certain place in the original Halo. I'm a big fan of Myth, so when I found this it put a smile on my face that lasted for days after.

I'd have to go with the Dead Rising Mega Man suit.

(I rented the game today, and have found the helmet and weak Buster so far)

Sonic's shoes and Earthworm Jim's gun appear in the corner off to the side at the end of Donkey Kong Country 2, when Diddy and Dixie on that glam-ified platform to compare with Mario and Yoshi.

And if you didn't get enough DK coins, Link will be on the third place pedestal.

In Donkey Kong Country 3, the Bear right next to the first Save Cave will occasionally describe a boy in green walking out of his store grumbling that the Bear's store had the wrong sea shells. It's a reference to the Secret Seashells in Zelda: Link's Awakening.

In the original Final Fantasy, in the Elf town, there's a grave marker that reads "Here lies Link."

In Zelda: Twilight Princess, you might notice that the guy who runs the minigame tent in Castle Town is dressed up as Tingle.
When the Postman delivers something to you, he hums the infamous tune of solving a puzzle that has been a part of every Zelda game since the beginning.

In Viewtiful Joe, when he's talking with Hulk Davidson before fighting him, Davidson asks "Who do you think you are, some of 'Mega Man'?"
In the original Gamecube version, Joe will whistle bits of the Super Mario theme when holding a bomb. Also, a Nintendo Gamecube will appear among the flotsam and jetsam spewing out of Gran Bruce's mouth in 2,000,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

Those are some of my favorites. I'll post some more when I can think of them.

MGS3, the Vampire minigame.
When EVA says the Konami code, or when you tranq her and she talks in her sleep.
Killing The End with old age.
Getting Campbell to tell you that you created a Time Paradox.
Interrogating Raikov and getting random Raiden lines.

here's an obscure easter egg:

In the old fighting game "Primal Rage" if you hit one of the humans into the air and other person hits him too, back and forth a tennis net will appear on screen.

Im gonna say the only one I know - dont care if everyone else knows it already :p

In OoT, in hyrule castle when young - when in the room with the princess, look through one of the windows and you see a picture of mario! slingshot it and you get rupees!

the Arwing in Ocarina of time, thats right, an arwing was programmed i nthe game as an enemy.

and the Silent hill UFO endings and the silenthill 2 dog ending.

The retarded monkey people in H3 made me Lol for awhile..
apart from that, i'm too unobservant + lazy to remember easter eggs.

grandmagoodtimes said:
In MGS3 when you get to talk to Sigint about being naked.
Or in the beginning when you can talk to him while in the box, about how safe you feel in the box, LOL I laughed my ass off,
Sigint "Uhh Snake, what are you doing?"
Snake "I dunno, I just saw it sitting here, and i got this urge to get inside."
snake "And once i got in here i got this feeling of being complete, saftey."
Sigint "Uhhh."
Snake "You should come in the box, then youll know what i mean."
Sigint "MAN, I dont wanna know what you mean!"

Truly great, easter egg, and the EVA thing was good to, although i must have missed the vampire thing, i think.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod