I love breakfast

WickedLiquid

Regular
I just had an epic breakfast this morning. 3 Eggs over easy, bacon, home fries with peppers, buttermilk pancakes with real Canadian Maple Syrup and a jumbo mug of coffee, double double. If that doesn't sound epic to you, I usually have a bowl of cereal. But now I start work at 10 instead of 9 and I have to time to pimp out my morning meal.

This thread is all about breakfast and how awesome it is. What's your idea of the best breakfast ever? It can even be food that isn't what we consider to be "breakfast" food.

The best breakfast I remember from childhood was, don’t laugh, Quaker instant oatmeal. Sunday through Friday I, and my two sisters, got cold cereal with no fruit. But on Saturday my mom would make us a hot meal to start off the day, since my mom was a horrible cook and boiling water was about the limit to what she could do without burning it, we got Quaker instant oatmeal. Apples & Cinnamon and Maple & Brown Sugar are my favorites. My mom passed away when I was 5 to this day Quaker instant oatmeal reminds me of her.

(Yes, this is true, no joke.)

pig-Johnmuk-Cre-Commons.gif

Good eating right there.

I've had my fair share of Quaker oatmeal too, though I've always preferred the banana flavored mixes.

intoTheRain said:
pretty soon ull be staying up 1 hour later and rushing out the door with only time to eat cereal.

I don't know if this is for me, but, no, I've never been big on breakfast. I'd eat little things here and there (apples, carrots, etc.) but I just don't feel like eating anything substantial until after 2 pm.

Give me some french toast with peanut butter on top instead of butter, it is amazingly delicious, with some maple syrup on top, bacon, hash-browns, a couple of eggs and some chocolate milk and that is a great breakfast for me

I think we can all agree that full english is the way to go:

20090917-10poundbreakfast.jpg

England wins 1-0.

My friend had 3 of those in one day (not the same size as that obviously....at a normal size).
Oh, he's 19st too :p

I have chickens at my house, eight laying hens and an older one who just sits. So I have a shitload of eggs in my fridge.

So I'm learning fun stuff to do with eggs, and inadvertently creating scrambled eggs a lot. Ketchup is useful.

I love a good breakfast meal (eggs, bacon/sausage, hash browns, pancakes, toast) but only when its eaten for dinner. Seriously, who (except Wicked, of course) has time to mix up batter, manage two or three pans on the stove, and then eat the damn thing? I think that a big, hearty, home cooked breakfast; like a small town 4th of July parade or farmers and cops hanging out in a rural diner, is a fictional construct that only exists in Norman Rockwell painting and the minds of Republicans.

Bretimus_v2 said:
intoTheRain said:
pretty soon ull be staying up 1 hour later and rushing out the door with only time to eat cereal.

I don't know if this is for me, but, no, I've never been big on breakfast. I'd eat little things here and there (apples, carrots, etc.) but I just don't feel like eating anything substantial until after 2 pm.

naw was for liquid.

what tends to happen with me is when i can sleep in your body clock gets u up early anyway so u have time to be more productive. but eventually patterns change, and he'll be getting up right before he has to work and rushing out the door with just time for a bowl of cereal.

GiftedMonkey said:
I love a good breakfast meal (eggs, bacon/sausage, hash browns, pancakes, toast) but only when its eaten for dinner. Seriously, who (except Wicked, of course) has time to mix up batter, manage two or three pans on the stove, and then eat the damn thing? I think that a big, hearty, home cooked breakfast; like a small town 4th of July parade or farmers and cops hanging out in a rural diner, is a fictional construct that only exists in Norman Rockwell painting and the minds of Republicans.

nothing is better than an epic home cooked meal made by yourself. so much fun to do, so much fun to eat. as long as someone will clean it up for you.

if you dont had time to make that post you pretty much have time to make batter.

^rofl

I make a lot of different stuff for myself for breakfast on weekends, mainly because I'm up 2-3 hours after the rest of my family has already eaten. I like making eggs, french toast, waffles, and last week I made some banana pancakes that were really good, but the recipe I used made about 30 of them. I ended up finishing the lot of em that morning :wink:

MattAY said:
I think we can all agree that full english is the way to go:

20090917-10poundbreakfast.jpg

England wins 1-0.

My friend had 3 of those in one day (not the same size as that obviously....at a normal size).
Oh, he's 19st too :p

That looks like it could kill me.

I'm never really big on breakfast either so it's cereal or oatmeal for me.

Oh no, I definitely wouldn't have it everyday. Hell, I only have it if I go out for breakfast really.

It's my favourite though, keeps hunger locked up until snacktime at 3pm.
I suppose if I have time, nothing beats a simple bacon/sausage omelette. On the rush on weekdays - I grab a cereal bar.

Fellas, if you can find a lady who'll make you breakfast in bed never let her go. Even if she's sleeping with Urban... well maybe you shouldn't bang her if she's been with Urban... But keep her around for the breakfast!!!

BlackStar said:
Fellas, if you can find a lady who'll make you breakfast in bed never let her go. Even if she's sleeping with Urban... well maybe you shouldn't bang her if she's been with Urban... But keep her around for the breakfast!!!

Personally, I prefer my winches to do their cooking in the kitchen. Less mess in the bed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod