I knew I should have put money on Bradley.

GRColin

Rookie
Seriously. This isn't any of that hindsight is 20/20 bullshit. I was thinking how he could win. Of course, I didn't expect it to be such a bullshit decision.

First the athletic commission in Florida for UFC on FX Friday night and now this. How much do athletic commissions have to suck?

At least Manny gets a rematch November 10th. I like Bradley but if he's going to win, it should be a legitimate win.

Because boxing has always been a sport free of questionable fights.

PS. This is based off of reactions and aritcles, not having spent 54.99 for the fight. 54.99 on boxing? Eff that.

Being as my extended family is Filipino, it is pretty much a requirement to watch Pacquiao fights (which I don't mind because he is a hell of a boxer) so we did order the PPV.

Pacquiao seemed pretty lazy in this fight. He'd lay off for the first minute of a lot of rounds and would try to wait for like the last 30 seconds to try and flurry and steal the round at the end rather than just work more consistently. Even accounting for that, he still easily won this fight. He was in control throughout the entire night and was never in any danger.

Maybe this will be a wake up call for him to try and finish guys aggressively like he used to rather than coast his way through a fight like he tried to do last night. Wasn't his best performance but he still did way more than enough to win. The numbers speak for themselves. He threw like 100 more punches and had a 39% accuracy rate compered to 19% for Bradley.

But you know, boxing is a shady sport. Wasn't the fist time and certainly won't be the last time something like this happens.

WickedLiquid said:
Bradley Cooper boxes?

Yep!

Really, Pacquiao needs to stop singing Jesus songs and holding congregations during his training camp and get back to fighting. I'm not saying you can't be religious and a fighter but clearly he seems more distracted by the divine than anything it seems. Or maybe it's his sponsors. Or speaking out on gay marriage. Or the fact he has an entourage the size of a small country. But yeah, controversial decision that's for sure.

Boxing just doesn't do it. I didn't see the fight, wouldn't have wanted to.

I did see the UFC fight you referenced however. Had a discussion with my brother afterwards.

Fights that go to judges' decisions suck. Period. Fights should not go to the judges. But there is no truly decent alternative. You can't have them fight forever till someone is KO'd or taps out, things would get too brutal. But how judges score and why needs to be much more transparent.

Sonnen VS Silva, who you got Lethean?

Hmm. Tough call. Sonnen's been training and working on his jiu jitsu a lot at Team Quest.

I think Silva's rib injury plagued him int he last fight and maybe he didn't even take Chael that seriously with all his WWE style hype. I see Silva not making the same mistakes twice and keeping a better distance from Sonnen, being more elusive and finishing the fight within 3 rounds. Sonnen didn't impress me in his performance against Bisping and maybe that's because Bisping is better than we all thought but I don't see Silva letting him embarrass him for another four and a half rounds, especially if this is his second last fight.

Being completely honest, I've always felt like Silva gives his opponents too little respect. He always just toys with them, I don't know if this is him just trying to add some time to the fight or what. The Sonnen fight was the first time where it didn't look like he was fooling around half the time. Sonnen made him work, which makes the sub one of Silva's best finishes in my opinion. With so little time on his contract, I hope he just throws caution to the wind and just goes out there on the offensive from the get go.

danielrbischoff said:
82 hours of straight hype. 3 minutes of actual sport.

Boxing.

I wish it was over in 3. Title fights all go the distance and there's usually only one or two good rounds.

Sumo wrestling is a crazy sport to watch, because it's literally four to five minutes of preparation and ritual for a ten second (if you're lucky) bout. It's awesome.

The_Joker said:
Most rigged **** ever.

Pacquiao literally won 11 of the 12 rounds.

Stop it... You obviously aren't objective at all..

If you can look at that fight and think that it TRULY WASN'T a split decision you know nothing about boxing and even sports. Pacquiao may have been robbed, but it was a close decision without question.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod