I hate being sick

WickedLiquid

Regular
Anyone have a cold? Apparently there's one going around and I'm siiiiiick.

It's not all bad, I get to watch old TV shows on Deja Vu (Oh Tony Danza, you really are The Boss). But breathing sucks when your nostrils are clogged.

Who else is sick? Let's be sick together. Erm... you know what I mean.

in all honesty, the best feeling in the world is that night of sleep you get the last day of a terrible cold, so I don't mind them so much

as men we enjoy the stereotypical luxury of breaking down the macho man walls and becoming a whiny, useless invalid during a cold, so live it up, if you feel bad about pushing the household tasks onto your significant other, just think about how shitty it'll be for you when she's preggo

plus if you experiment with cold medication, you can achieve mind blowing highs, nyquil+extra strength tylenol with muscle relaxant+southern comfort = the best sleep you will ever have, ever

i dare you to prove me wrong on that last point

I'm sick right now, with sinus/throat/mucus freaking everywhere.

I don't get it. I had the exact same thing about 5 weeks ago. Now it's back. At first I couldn't sleep. At all. Ask Sightless, she thinks I'm crazy. Then, when I finally get to sleep, I wake up feeling more sick.

I've been drinking nothing but hot beverages. Camomile tea, echinacea tea, warm apple juice...just trying my dangdest to not get dehydrated. Anything cold hurts like needles.

I just got my yearly cold that comes around this time of year so woohoo for me for not being able to sleep/breath right.

Icepick said:
as men we enjoy the stereotypical luxury of breaking down the macho man walls and becoming a whiny, useless invalid during a cold, so live it up
I agree with Icepick... minus the whole thing about significant others because I'm all the way in California and I can't do chores for Wicked... also I'm sure WL has his own medicinal concoctions.

But really, you should just relax and do your best to enjoy what little comfort you have while you're sick. Enjoy Who's The Boss. Enjoy Full House. Enjoy Big Bang Theory... but do it in a bathrobe, eating shitty comfort food because your'e sick and fuck everyone else because they either got you sick or didn't help you prevent this illness.

I have a cold. If you were watching my recent LIVE streams, you would hear me cough and snort.

:( that makes my spirit frown. The Ugh in my head is always coughing and snorting no matter his personal health. It's sort of his own trademark. The Ugh in my head, at least.

I don't like coughing at all. It makes me feel so fat and disgusting. If I drink something and it goes down the wrong pipe, I'll leave the room to cough. My dad sounds so disgusting while coughing and I'm not turning into that.

I get very rarely sick, but when I do it's something stronger than the usual cold. Like a lung infection I had a year ago.

Optimus-Crime said:
I'm glad you said that, Mr. Rochester, because there is a solution:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVKG5dtU5I4&t=0m17s
Summer is ending. Less heat. Actually you'll burn more calories in the cold wintery months. This will give you a jump start on next year. Eye of the tiger, Mr. Rochester. It's in there.
Baddest Jedi Around.
No, I'm definitely never will be my dad, even if I don't exercise.

Touch wood - I actually havent been sick for years. Free flu jabs for me :D

Best thing about being sick is the soup. So comforting sitting in bed with soup and bread on a tray in front of the TV.

Chicken soup ideally. Croutons is a must.

I personally love being sick.

But I'm like Affen, I never get sick, though I'll get sick tomorrow just for saying that.

Drink TONS of water, stand in the shower for 2 hours and let the shower water hit you right in the nose sinus' and massage your sinus' the snot will flow out like Niagara Falls. That's my favorite sick trick. Do that 2-3 times in the day and your congestion issues will go away. Paired with drinking tons of water and eating a lot of fruit/veggies.

Another trick I do.. I HATE when one side of my nose is plugged and not the other. So I always stuck kleenex in the side that's plugged.. I don't get why, but psychologically it doesn't bother me near as much when it feels like it's intentionally blocked off, instead of something I can't control. I can't sleep at night unless I do that.

UghRochester said:
No, I'm definitely never will be my dad, even if I don't exercise.
So maybe begin? Forget about your father, think about yourself. You could be a beast. You have lots of drive. Focus that drive into something positive.

I'll admit it's pretty awesome staying home. When the weather is cold, wet and miserable there's just something about staying indoors all day that feels oh so gooood.

Coming up next; Rosanne.

Well I tried to have a sickie movie-watching event with De-Ting, but he wasn't having any of it. All I heard from him was Jackie Jackie Jackie.

If you're sick, the only movie to watch is The Princess Bride.

WickedLiquid said:
I'll admit it's pretty awesome staying home. When the weather is cold, wet and miserable there's just something about staying indoors all day that feels oh so gooood.

Coming up next; Rosanne.

Roseanne is such a great show lol.. everyone hates on it just because it's the cool thing to do, i don't think anyone has actually watched it.

if it didn't have Dan it wouldn't be awesome, but Dan is enough to make it awesome.

kinda like how watching Reba was slightly ok because of Van, however you spell his name.

but Dan makes Roseanne a lot more watchable than Van made Reba

darlene was funny until she became a depressing goth too

I was sick basically my whole sixth grade career. I don't get sick anymore.

Which is good, because I no longer have time to be sick. I can't just skip out on school anymore, I have to walk my ass to class either way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod