I don't have a phone bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you have to pay $50 for online service still. You can just call people for free. Which most phone plans can do anyway.

Longo_2_guns said:
Internet service, I meant.

My parents pay for internet. and I don't even have a plan.
All of my calling and texting are done through GrooVe and Google Voice.

TheJx4 said:
Win for you. My internet and cell phone bills now combine for over $150 :-/
Adulthood sucks. Luckily I write it all off because i need both for work.

Sooo... you don't have a phone bill... because your parents pay for it.

Hey! I don't have a phone bill either! And my college tuition is completely free!

danielrbischoff said:
TheJx4 said:
Win for you. My internet and cell phone bills now combine for over $150 :-/
Adulthood sucks. Luckily I write it all off because i need both for work.

You could just get a Mobile Wi-fi plan, but then you'd have to notify all your contacts and everything.

Longo_2_guns said:
Sooo... you don't have a phone bill... because your parents pay for it.

Hey! I don't have a phone bill either! And my college tuition is completely free!

*sigh*
No, we have Comcast, and a wi-fi router.
I don't have a phone bill, because I don't have a plan. I don't need one.

Yeah....My wife and I pay 120 a month for our family plan through AT&T...And 120-130 a month for our internet, cable and home phone. You know how much it sucks having 260 dollars spent in just two bills? Factor in car payments, insurance, rent and we're spending like 1300 a month on bills. Not counting diapers. So yeah....Milk mommy and daddy for all you can because one day when you're all growed up (deliberately said growed) it won't be as cheap.

TheJx4 said:
*sigh*
So, you can only call people when you're at home or in range of an unprotected wifi?

And Lethean, you bet your ass I'm doing that. Though anything luxury I buy with my own money.

Lethean said:
And 120-130 a month for our internet, cable and home phone.
Cut the home phone and the cable TV... jus' sayin'
Anything you want to watch on TV is available online like an hour after it airs and why pay for a phone that you don't use nearly as much as the phone you carry around with you?
And yes I know you get a deal by singing up for all three, but it's not worth spending more money just to get a good rate.

Yeah I cut out my home phone and cable a long time ago. With Netflix and other internet streaming I don't miss cable.

Well, I do miss that feelings of channel surfing and catching something on TV. But It's not worth it IMO.

WickedLiquid said:
Well, I do miss that feelings of channel surfing and catching something on TV. But It's not worth it IMO.
Same. That and now I feel like I actually choose and dedicate time to the things I want to watch, rather than watching shitshitshitshitshitshit* The only thing I do miss is being able to watch reruns of stuff like Seinfeld whenever it's on.

*reality television, sitcoms like two and a half men, house hunters, food network, and most everything else

danielrbischoff said:
Bretimus_v2 said:
You'd all be very surprised how easy it is to get by without a smartphone.
I'm sure it's easy, but now that I've got one I won't be going back any time soon.
I don't have a smartphone, but I have an iTouch, and yes, life was much easier without it. More boring, but easier.

Also, since we're going to have to drop our cable service here, it would probably be more cost effective for us to all get smartphones and drop our stupid cellular bill as well, thanks to this Google stuff.

...it does support 3G without a service provider, right?

Longo_2_guns said:
TheJx4 said:
*sigh*
So, you can only call people when you're at home or in range of an unprotected wifi?

And Lethean, you bet your ass I'm doing that. Though anything luxury I buy with my own money.

I rarely talk on the phone. and I'm home a lot.

danielrbischoff said:
Lethean said:
And 120-130 a month for our internet, cable and home phone.
Cut the home phone and the cable TV... jus' sayin'
Anything you want to watch on TV is available online like an hour after it airs and why pay for a phone that you don't use nearly as much as the phone you carry around with you?
And yes I know you get a deal by singing up for all three, but it's not worth spending more money just to get a good rate.

2 problems with that.

1) I need a home phone to make long distance calls to my family in Canada (mother, step father, father and sister...So not family I can ignore...Regularly lol.) as it's included in the plan. I can't do that on my cell phone.

2) If I can find Game of Thrones, True Blood, Rescue Me in HD an hour after they air, I'll ditch the cable. Right now though I love having a 15mbps connection, unlimited long distance calling and HBO, Cinemax included for free in my 400 channel package. Yes. I am a typical American. Guess I could just use torrents but...I love my movies more than my gaming so having those channels is nice. Especially when Netflix isn't getting the Starz content in HD.

It's AT&T and the car insurance that irritates me :(. 150 bucks is too steep for car insurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod