I can hear crickets ...

Kijan

Rookie
... chirping about Command and Conquer 4: Tiberium Twillight (vampire pun?).

Supposed to be out this week, no?

Supposed to suck too ... no? :(

WHY?!

keepithowitis said:
Ugh, don't knock RTS's. Age of Empires, C&C, and Starcraft are among the best franchises around.

C&C was great ... supposedly 'till the 4th installment came out. :S

Don't know ... the reviews have been hammering this game. Many 5/10 and such. Makes me a sad, sad panda. :'(

There hasn't been a good Command & Conquer game since Generals, which is funny because Generals wasn't as traditional of a C&C game.

I've never liked the regular C&C's ... Red Alert on the other hand have always been pretty fun

Also, people who bash RTS's are the same people who can't ever beat the computer on easy.

In related news, EA announced a DRM for C&C 4. Yup... the series is officially dead to me...
"Power shift quickly in the brotherhood" like Seth once said... before being shot to the face.

As for generals, the reason it was good was because Westwood had originally planned to make it even Frank klepacki was going to compose for it. But then EA took over... er... "legally bonded" the studio and continue for them while taking out some cool feature they intended to introduce like a flying aircraft carrier for the Chinese.

Finally EA added bobbies and the C&C franchised was dead.
intelligence-officer-dasha-fedorovich-ivana-milicevic.jpg

Morality, boobs kill.

PS: Kane lives in death!

To be fair though.....people may not get the over the top cheese factor to it unless if they played the originals back in the day.

LinksOcarina said:
To be fair though.....people may not get the over the top cheese factor to it unless if they played the originals back in the day.

I haven't played a C&C game in ages...is your post referring to the lame videos with horrible actors? And, do they still use that style in the new games?

Yes, which is why it may be a turn off for new fans, and a turn off for old ones too unless if they loved the camp value of it.

Lien said:
Hlallu said:
I <3 Renegade.
But only online. Campaign was crap.
*high five*
Double five!! That game was my drug back in the day. But I'm in the same boat, online was the only way to go.

As for the new installment, I am disappointed with the reviews, and even more disappointed that you always have to be connected to the internet to play it.

keepithowitis said:
Ugh, don't knock RTS's. Age of Empires, C&C, and Starcraft are among the best franchises around.
It's not I don't enjoy RTS games, I rather play against the AI than get outwitted by others online. I also like C&C on the PC because I feel I am able to perform tasks faster then an analog stick.

I beg to differ....

FFT, Suikoden Tactics, Goblin Commander, Brutal Legend, Disgeia, La Prucelle, Tactics Ogre....

I can keep going if you like ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod