How much do you spend on food a week?

Oh jesus.. uh, my family eats about $150 (CDN) a week I think. It's about to start going up because I'm training again and half the crap they eat is no good for me :roll:

I'm gonna say about $200 a week after everything, but that's for 2 adults, 2 kids and at times my mother.

that sounds about typical.

Apparently my mum spends 300 a week for our family. 4 (2f 2m) adults and 1 child.

What sort of training are you looking at? I lift myself so i gotta start buying my own shit. my mum gets cut after i finish a dozen eggs in 2 days LOL and tells me i eat too much. Shes right, but you gotta eat if u wanna get big.

wow... dude... I only spend 200 dollars for me and my brother... every month! What do you guys eat!

Breakfast Bars - $5
Week Day Lunch - $11 (including tip)
Regular Dinner Out with drinks - $20
Barbecue/Nice Dinner/Snackage - $25

Roughly $100 a week on food, including going out twice to three times.

It would be much cheaper if I just packed lunch for work.

lokness said:
What sort of training are you looking at? I lift myself so i gotta start buying my own s***. my mum gets cut after i finish a dozen eggs in 2 days LOL and tells me i eat too much. Shes right, but you gotta eat if u wanna get big.

Your typical meathead lifting, it used to be a lifestyle to stay healthy but then the kids and the marriage .. so over the past 5 years I've packed on 70lbs that I now need to work off. I only started 3 weeks ago.

Breakfast: Omlette - 1 whole egg, 3 whites, low m.f. cheese, fat free chicken & green tea w/ 1 tbs honey

Morning Snack - yogurt, apple or banana

Lunch - tuna sandwhich (fat free mayo) on flaxseed bread w/ lettace

Afternoon Snack - white almonds and tbs all natural peanut butter on flaxseed bread

Pre Workout - shake w/ glutamine (whey protein)

Post Workout - shake w/ glutamine (whey protein)

Dinner - 1 chicken breast, 1 cup of brown rice (every other day something w/ red meat)

If I feel I'm getting hungry a hour or so before bed I try to eat something small, usually just another yogurt. Then before I go to bed I take a Casein Protein shake.

For the past week I've cut out soda and any extra salt / sugar that isn't needed and I'm only drinking water. I drink about 4-5L of water a day now. The kids really wanted to make brownies yesterday so I did .. and had one, but that's literally the only junkie snack I've had in almost 2 weeks and I felt guilty about it. Which is also what I need, I've lost my willpower and when I start to feel guilt about eating that means I'm starting to give a s.h.i.t. again. lol.

I gotta try and eat strict to shrink my stomach and kick start my metabolism again, once the metabolism starts up and my body gets used to burning fat rather than storing I can start eating a little more slack.

Biggest downside .. I get up to pee about 3 times a night now. lol.

I'm also not working right now, I got an MRI on Saturday to see wtf is wrong with my back .. which is really why I started this all again, I gotta drop weight to see if my back problems will subside, an obvious observation by many.

You have lots of snacks, Daddio. Many small meals better than three large ones right?

Our food budget varies during the year but my wife and I can get as low as fifty dollars a week. Seventy-five to ninety would be average.

I'd estimate $100 a week, but it fluctuates quite a bit. My wife is amazing when it comes to keeping food costs down while always maintaining a fair amount of selection. Then add to that eating out, which I try to keep down. Why pay for steaks at a restaraunt when you can do it at home, right?

Also, MattAY, you're a leech. ;)

DocMoc said:
You have lots of snacks, Daddio. Many small meals better than three large ones right?

I mean yummy chocolate and other goodies. lol. And yes, you should eat small amounts throughout the day, generally every 2 hours. Lunch I try to keep small as well, but supper is usually after a workout so I wanna get as much protein as I can. Shakes are good for a boost, but not a subsitute for food. I ain't no expert on healthy eating, this is all things I've picked up over the years so I could be wrong on certain things. Then again, it's all really up in the air when it comes to carbs, some say its horrible and others say you just have to pick the right time to eat them.

Try calculating the BMI on some huge ripped dude, apparently he's a fatty!

I don't eat much, and I live with my mom most of the time. She feeds our family of 5 for about $50 a week. And we don't starve, either. We just eat smart.

Except for my step dad. He's got type 2 diabetes.

When I was still in New York I was spending about $20 a week for myself. And that was everything. Breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks. Of course, there were some weekends when I would order a pizza or something so it would be a bit more, but most of the time it was around $20 a week.

Bretimus_v2 said:
I'd estimate $100 a week, but it fluctuates quite a bit. My wife is amazing when it comes to keeping food costs down while always maintaining a fair amount of selection. Then add to that eating out, which I try to keep down. Why pay for steaks at a restaraunt when you can do it at home, right?

Also, MattAY, you're a leech. ;)

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Holy shit, I must spend a lot...

In an average week, I'll maybe go out to get qdoba twice ($20 total), maybe split a pizza order with a couple friends ($5 from me), and maybe 6 nights a week I'll be out downtown early in the morning, where I'll get a few drinks and some snacks, which is maybe another $15 weekly. Then there's the other odd foods I might get, and maybe some chips or other shit, a big mac or something, which I'll estimate as another $10. So we're looking at maybe $50 weekly (theajoroty of spendable money I get from work) and I don't even have to pAy for lunch or dinner most nights. Never eat breakfast soczuase I sleep through it.

I'm sorry, it was a long night and my phone keyboard is screwing up. I'll re-write that whole thing once I get out of bed. And that last post was just kind of a stream of conscience. But what I concluded, is that I myself spend about $50 per week on food, without eating breakfast, or paying for lunch or dinner most nights since I still must live with my parents.

keepithowitis said:
I still must live with my parents.
Ride that wave as looooooong as you can. Not fourty-year-old-living-in-parents-basement long, but I'm-a-broke-student long.

Still live with my parents and they spend about $150/wk on everything (food, toiletries, etc. Fuck yeah Aldi), while i usually spend a max of $45/wk on my food and booze, to give you a good idea.
And because none of you know my real name or hate me enough to get me in trouble with the law, i'm safe to say i spend $20/wk on weed sometimes/when i feel like it, or sometimes split with my mates if we want to just share some.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod