Holy crap (Spiderman)

I hope the controls are reminiscent of Spiderman 2. The gameplay looks awesome from the preview but so did Spiderman 3 and I was so disappointed with that, that I ended up purchasing a used copy of Spiderman 2 to get the bad taste out of my mouth. Another Hulk - Ultimate Destruction Game wouldn't be bad either. I think now that developers are getting the hang of the new systems we should see some more games on par with Ultimate destruction and Spiderman 2. I think at the time Spiderman 3 came out they were still focused on how to make games look there best as opposed to the looks being second to awesome gameplay. I can't wait til developers get the graphical standard down and start focusing on gameplay and game length.

I didn't even know another spiderman game was in the works! That looks amazing i definetly can't wait for it to be realeased.

I've been really reeeeeaally dissapointed with superhero games, primarily Spidey games. So, we'll have to wait and see.

used44 said:
I've been really reeeeeaally dissapointed with superhero games, primarily Spidey games. So, we'll have to wait and see.
The webslinging was always great in spidey games and the combat was the big issue. It seems that they're trying to rectify that problem and it looks really good. We can only hope they don't fuck it up though.

Yeah, they usually boil down to very repetitive punching and kicking with a few special moves for flair.

the blocking and reverses were always stupid. Everything you counter is a back flip ? I hope they change that as well.

Even the video of the fighting looked kind of repetetive, but eh, who knows, from what they say, it seems like it could actually be really fun. Definetely sexy to imagine.

The fighting did look repetitive, but it also looked pretty cool at the same time.

Bigger problem is how will they change it up from a web-slinging go to point A and do a beat em-up game to a more free roaming type they did with Spiderman 2. At least Spiderman 2 had enough extras to make it a good game, it should follow that mantra with this new combat element added.

Spiderman 2 was one of the best Superhero games to come out and still is. I really hope this feels as free as that game did with a great combat system.

Why they scrapped that in Spiderman 3 was a mystery to me...

Trippysmurf said:
StalfrosCC said:
Spiderman 2 was one of the best Superhero games to come out and still is.

Oh yeah, nothing like the rush of rescuing a balloon for the hundredth freakin time.

Them little girls couldn't hold on to their damn balloons.

Also, name a better Superhero game. Jumping from the top of the Empire State building and swinging all the way to mid-town was fucking sweet.

^ You don't die in spiderman 2 either plus if you play Superman for more than 1 hour you exponentially start to deplete your brain cells. A comprably fun game would be Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction ftw

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod