Holiday Season!

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by Dobby2244, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Dobby2244

Dobby2244 Regular

:wave2: The time is near.... just a week and a few days until Christmas.
    Any travel plans? What has everyone got for their families this year?
    This Christmas I am lucky enough to visit home again for 3 weeks and decided to get an ipad for my parents. I cannot wait for them to open it :D :D my brother is picky so i will just bring him for a shopping spree.. i haven't bothered with anyone else this year though haha

2. Optimus-Crime

Optimus-Crime Rookie

no travel plans. I visited one of those "Cool Toys" websites, the sorts that sell titanium straws, deathstar ice cube molds, pineapple corers, and other cool junk that's pretty much worthless. Then I went to Amazon and found it cheaper there.
    So everyone's getting Sky Mall junk from me this year, basically, and some books. I actually want to keep the pineapple corer for myself...
    [​IMG]

3. danielrbischoff

Going to my gf's parents for Christmas. Stopping by to see my family on the way south. I think it's going to be a really quiet holiday for me.

4. WickedLiquid

WickedLiquid Regular

The 3 steps for a very Wicked Christmas.

Step 1: Eggnog
    Step 2: Rum
    Step 3: Die Hard

5. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie

Going to Ohio. Flying on my birthday again, which is always pleasant to me. My dad and I were joking that if the world ends, I'll have a good view of it. :p

6. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Heading home for the break. Which means I have to pack all of my shit up, since I'll be gone for a month.

I have a LOT of shit to pack up. I should probably get on that.

7. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie

I think all I'm taking is some GameCube controllers, a couple of GameCube games, my PSP, the DS, and some games for those.

8. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Replace Eggnog with Whiskey, and Rum with Whiskey. And that's my Christmas!

Seriously cant wait to play board games with the family. Balderdash and Articulate are amongst the best out there!

9. UghRochester

UghRochester https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester

This would be my first Christmas waking up alone, unless my brother is here. I'll probably go visit my father for a short while. Then, I'll spend time with at my mother's. Hopefully my sister will be there, because she borrowed $20 off of me and escaped to another state. If you're in GR Chat, you'll probably find me there.

10. danielrbischoff

Scratch everything I said before. I'm going to smoke some tabacco with Ugh's family.

11. Sightless

Sightless Rookie

I'll probably be in GR chat, so you can tell me about the great Christmas cards you'll have gotten.

My Christmas is usually pretty quiet, just spending the day preparing dinner with the family, and going to see my grandma for a bit of cake and coffee. My family celebrates Christmas, but it's not that much of a big deal anymore. Honestly, Christmas is more about friends than family for me. I make rounds on Christmas Eve delivering presents to them, and exchanging edible treats. One of my friends makes some mean Pfeffernuesse (nut-free for me!), which I look forward to every year.

As for family presents, my dad's getting some iTunes cards, my mom's getting some kitchenware, and my brothers are getting some tasty liquids. We never spend too much money or anything. I might get some Christmas explodeythingys to help things along.

Fun fact: I only recently discovered what Christmas Crackers are. The explodeythingys. I used to think that they were just some really common or generic foodstuffs that I missed out on. (Sometimes I feel like there's a little bit of a culture gap with me.) :p

12. UghRochester

UghRochester https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester

:D I'm sure we all know that wasn't tobacco, but just keep it a secret between us.

13. MasterRabbi

MasterRabbi Rookie

A good pick, though Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz is my Christmas movie. Less puns, but also less Germans, so probably a wash.

14. Affen

Affen Rookie

Like every year my grandmother has prepared a Christmas feast for the close family, so I'll be spending few days there getting fat.