Hey soo...The forums are part of your site too.

GRColin

Rookie
I'm a pretty quiet, laid back guy. I don't get annoyed *that* easily. But you guys have managed to do it. The forums are a bit of a joke. It's no surprise. But what's even more frustrating is the fact that staff members who are authors on this site and who should care about the community and success of it moreso than any of us at the forums, don't ever come in here to say hi, make a topic, or maybe even bring in their friends and get them to register and promote the site.

You guys all seem like top notch people, you have interesting things to say and I'm sure you could bring a lot to the community. I know you have a lot on your plate with reviews and articles you're cranking out on a daily basis so I get that time isn't something you have a lot of, but if you could just squeeze 5 or 10 minutes a day in here or there, that would be great.

Thanks!

Harumph!!!

harumph-harumph-o.gif

Yeah. I thought they were hiding because they don't want to get asked what happened to Daniel.

Was Daniel's breakup with the GR staff really that fucking bad?

I felt this way quite sometime and had quite a discussion with someone about it (forgot who). As much as I hate to admit it, I feel we're not cared for. The forums are never talked about on the front page. The last person to try bringing traffic to this part of the site was Daniel. Hell, we had play dates and we don't rarely do that anymore. I'm trying not to make the GR staff feel bad. I'm still dedicated and try to be part of the viewers watching the live streams. GR is great for commenting back to replies on articles with an exception of Alex. As much as I like Alex from the GR Radio (we need that back too) I feel he just reports the news. He rarely responds back to the commenters and let's not forget how many Pachter articles he wrote. Anthony Severino is my bro and surprised me a few gifts, but it saddens me he doesn't try to be part of the forums. I understand he's busy as f*ck. Heath Hindman is a funny ass guy and wished he ventured to here.

UghRochester needs love.

It was bad, because we weren't told he was terminated/quit. We figured out ourselves by not noticing him on the front page anymore and his Twitter profile stating he was "Former editor of GameRevolution" He tweeted me back only once after I wanted his opinion on Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice trailer.

To be fair, I;d visited the site for years before I knew the forum even existed and since i've been here the foot traffic has dwindled, but its always been the forum members who keep things moving. Staffers might contribute with pictures or joining GRumble, but nothing really on the site thats always been done by members - mmostly mods.

madster111 said:
Sourdeez said:
Was Daniel's breakup with the GR staff really that fucking bad?
I heard it was so bad they threw his toothbrush and shampoo out rather than give it back

Where'd you hear that? Are you joking or being serious? You see!!! - This type of speculation by community members CANT be good for the site. Someone should say something about - and I'd hoped Daniel would still lurk then link his opinion, but no idea what could've transpired because they all seemed so tight.

regardless of what happens.. i blame Crave.

Sourdeez said:
Yeah. I thought they were hiding because they don't want to get asked what happened to Daniel.

Should we confront them about it? On every post and article comment #WhatHappenedToDaniel - until they respond? should at least be lulz worthy

I don't really care about staffers and writers joining the site in the way that Daniel did, especially the ones who's articles I can't stand to read. I don't really need to know what transpired before Daniel leaving the site, either.

All I would really like is a little bit of the forum being incorporated into the main site, in whatever way they find workable. Maybe some more playdates - those where a blast.

Oh and it would be nice if a staff member or coder would respond to the Grandmasters topics in a timely manner, but that doesn't come up all that often I guess.

I don't need them in here. But I really want more front page visibility. And guys, they don't have to tell us all the details of Dan leaving nor should they. That's his and their business. I've seen him online several times and it's the last thing I want to ask him I'd rather hang and game.

But seriously. Front page lower corner. Please!

I agree with Bret, I think it'd be great if the forum had a bit more front page exposure to potentially gather new members and continue to build upon this community.

I would like to see the GR staff members (like Nick, Anthony, Alex, Ryan and Heath) to step in more often and respond to topics or create new topics, to help be a part of this community. It makes me happy to see that Jonathan is making an effort. :)

Whether they do or they don't say anything, you guys are right - it doesn't matter. Like I said, you guys are the ones shaping my GR experience, but I would like to see some fresh faces round these hurr parts. I guess the only way to do that is more visibility, but aside from placing a direct forum link on the home page no clue. I like the site layout as is so no clue on how to make that happen.

Regardless, it'll still be on us to make the experience enjoyable for the newbies. And I promise, hand to god, no sexist or chauvinistic comments... that should help, right?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod