Hey homestuck fans...

Lien

Rookie
Don't kow if this should be under the misc or general game thread but you guys got less then 20 hours left to help with the Homestuck video game kick-starter. I would entertain the folks in GR here who don't know what homestuck is but i ain't got enough time. Just think of it as a comic book that acts as a hitchhiker guide to the galaxy video game type with the illusion that you are playing it as you flip the pages. It got perhaps one of the nerdiest followers in the world that, dare i say, can rival with the star trek fandom. So to all of you GR homestuck fans here, do contribute a little into this even though it went past the 2 million dollars mark. It's still a nice support and every bucks counts!
photo-full.jpg

Honk

It's nice to know all this donating has bought an amateur game to its ultimate growth.

But I have no idea what I just fucking watched.

MattAY said:
It's nice to know all this donating has bought an amateur game to its ultimate growth.

But I have no idea what I just fucking watched.

Yeah like i said, It's the ultimate nerdy thing anyone can ever create this past decade. Even the latest "game" is still considered confusing to new readers despite the author's promise to make it new reader friendly. But that what makes it so great! It's like it speaks a language where only the fans can understand. It's like if Sir Terry Pratchett had a freak son with Douglas Adams and said son made love with Tim Schafer and Ron gilbert at the same time giving another freak baby and call it Earthbound junior! That baby is Homestuck.
But i like how you said it's an amateur game finally launching into the gaming market. Remember what i said before, it gives you the illusion you are playing a game but you are not, it's a comic! But reading it from page one to the last page is almost the same experience as playing a game. There are action and level ups, some of the most epic cut-scenes (that sometimes actually shows unexplained backstory... fans still stipulate to this day what happened), some sad moments and also, at the end of each "acts" (think of it as chapters), there's a sum up of every action you've done so far... and in that last case, in the role of the person that was playing the game all along... ok it's getting complicated, i'll be quiet!

But still, if anyone is gonna try out and read homestuck, be warned that many times, out of nowhere, the author will pull a plot twist out of nowhere (such as the game is scratched and now you enter glitch mode. Time to find a disc doctor!) causing you to forget everything you know and just relearn everything as you go along. It'll happen more often then you think. And at one convention, when asked if all of this is predetermined, the author started a 1000 words speech that can be summed up by "ayup, i make it up as i go!"

PS: One more hour to go! Donate 20-45 bucks and you get the game for free, remember!

and put the bunny back in the box!

This looks... interesting. Confusing, but interesting. If I had money I'd donate, unfortunately I'm being a miser because I want X-Com and Dishonored. Cool though, I'll likely try to to purchase it post-release.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle