Hearthstone

C_nate

Rookie
So has anyone else played this yet?

WoW has a little tie in promotion where if you win three games you get a mount in WoW. Pretty clever way to get people to check it out. I had never played a TCG game before but the offer of a free mount was too good to pass up.

I thought it was actually kind of fun. Seems a bit imbalanced though but it's free and you can unlock quite a few cards just by playing the game and not having to buy them.

Lethean said:
So did you win 3 games?

Yeah. they start you out with a mage deck to play through the tutorial, but after that you can unlock the other classes by beating them in practice mode. I didn't care much for the mage deck so after the tutorial I unlocked the hunter class first cause that's what I play in wow. So with my hunter deck I won the first 4 games I played with the default deck they give you.

I found the game so fun I went on to unlock all the basic cards for all the classes except paladin, which I'm working on now. I unlocked a bunch of cards so far and even made a few with the crafting thing they have. I've been trying to build good custom decks for each class but I'm new to the TCG game so I'm kinda learning as I go.

GL; yeah the games can be very RNG-y. Some games I crushed, some games I got crushed. If you get a bad draw at the start it can really screw you over. But that's card games in general like you said.

Shouldn't this be in the PC thread?

Game looks fun, i think I'll try it while i wait for WoD to come out.

I played a little bit, Started unlocking the decks in practice mode. Its a enjoyable simple card game. Cool that it is f2p. My girlfriend who only has a laptop loves it.

Yeah I've got an iPad 2 also. So far so good with playing high-power games recently. Even XCOM runs good on it.

Enjoyed it for a while but I always felt like the cards only gave you one sensible choice, in that I never felt I had more that one way of playing the available hand. When you have that issue it feels like the game is entirely out of your hands.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle