Have you ever walked out of a movie at the theater?

used44

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I don't think I ever have, but I've fallen asleep several times. If I was going to walk out that would probably be the reason, that I was too tired to watch it or something. I guess I've had good luck with avoiding terrible movies in the theater, though I have seen plenty. Just not many that were offensively bad. And most of those I've gone to with friends, and that usually makes anything watchable.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon and Wall Street 2 (or whatever with Shitia)

I just figured I could have spent this movie ticket money on anything else, so I walked out to get it back.

^I believe the title of the movie was Wall Street 2: Tokyo Drift

A friend and I left Hearts In Atlantis towards the end, not because it was a bad movie, but because we were teenagers and we went out to cause trouble or get picked up by my mom or something.

Robin Hood: Men in Tights
I just didn't like it. My cousin seemed to enjoy it.

I went out to the lobby and played Killer Instinct in the arcade. Kinda regret it now, but it was when Killer Instinct had just hit the arcade and everyone was losing their shit over its insane graphics (they still hold up), so overall I guess I'm happy with my decision. Those arcade memories sorta priceless, in a way.

Never did because I only really go to the theater when there is something I really want to see. Almost did the one time we did an unplanned unscheduled spur of the moment movie pick.

Was on a double date and we're like hey, we're at the mall lets go see a movie. Only thing playing soon was Virus with Jamie Lee Curtis and Donald Sutherland so we figured what the hell. Man, that move was bad in so many ways. Not bad bad as in it was at least trying but stupid bad as in here is a movie, fuck you.

Stuck it out to the end because it gave me a break from the date which wasn't going all that smoothly but that is still to this day the worst movie I've ever seen in a theater.

Optimus-Crime said:
Robin Hood: Men in Tights
I just didn't like it. My cousin seemed to enjoy it.

Its official... you're nuts.

I've never walked out on a movie, even though I've wanted to. I feel like I made the painful decision to pay money and I should learn from my mistakes.

Saw Get Over It in the theatres (Sisqo, Kirsten Dunsts, Mila Kunis) - would've walked out, but I was afraid of being spotted as having paid to see it.

I sat through the Happening...the movie where you can see a boom mic in several scenes. If I can make it through that...I can make it through anything. Also, the fact that everyone in the theater was making fun of it helped.

Almost walked out of the 5th Harry Potter movie. I'm sorry, but this is not a play. The performers don't stop when you start applauding or cheering. So shut up so I can enjoy the movie.

Aunt_linda.png

Yes Black Hawk Down. Way to boring in the theater being 12 or 13. Was way more interested in the girls outside the theater.

I think I remember leaving Jurassic Park when it was in theaters because it was too scary for my 5 or 6 year old self.

UrbanMasque said:
Was it really that good? The jokes were so cornball and amateur, that's the only reason I left. it wasn't like I couldn't wait for Killer Instinct. I'll give it another shot whenever I catch it on tv.

Optimus-Crime said:
UrbanMasque said:
Was it really that good? The jokes were so cornball and amateur, that's the only reason I left. it wasn't like I couldn't wait for Killer Instinct. I'll give it another shot whenever I catch it on tv.

It's a pretty typical Mel Brooks comedy, so if you like his other stuff you'd probably enjoy it.

Well, Spaceballs had already been released years before, so what I'm thinking is my sense of humor was far too high brow by the time Men In Tights rolled out. obviously

Not on purpose. I remember as a kid I saw Contact with my family and we had to leave because a fire alarm was pulled.

Does that count?

Nah, popcorn always keeps me occupied. I walked out on LOTR: Return of the King a few minutes from the end, but thats becase I really needed a pee....I dont think that counts.

I don't care how shitty a movie is. If I dropped cash to see it, my ass is in the seat until the credits.

Never have. Now that you mention HP, I did think some movies were so terrible that I should have walked out. But I might have gotten murdered for doing so, so safety first. My friend was pretty pissed for one of those movies, because I was a little vocal about how terrible I thought it was. Rk.

The only performance I've walked out of was a concert, just once, because it was too loud and annoying.

Sightless said:
The only performance I've walked out of was a concert, just once, because it was too loud and annoying.

Ugh, Chris Crime, Urban and I worked very hard on that concert! Ugh's swaying guitar hero chords, Chris' sporadic beats on the drums, Urban's smooth bass line to get all the ladies into some form of a hot tub (oh yeah, you know what I'm talkin bout). And with my ear deafening lyrics and unique chocolate-vanilla complexion as front man. How could you do that to us?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle