Happy Birthday Street Fighter!

WickedLiquid

Regular
My facebook tells me Street Fighter 2 turns 21 today! You know what that means! Chun Li is now legal!

425603_10150659033997147_12040282146_9271363_1350094152_n.jpg

1968? Are you freaking kidding me? Must be an Asian thing...

I saw that post, but she's not 21. According to that that picture, she's 44. Street Fighter II itself is over 21 years.

UghRochester said:
I saw that post, but she's not 21. According to that that picture, she's 44. Street Fighter II itself is over 21 years.

......I think he realizes that.

Green_Lantern said:
UghRochester said:

Yes, but the Street Fighter page didn't.

But Matt, look at those legs. She'll tear your lower torso apart like the jaws of life!

unless... you're into that sort of thing... in which case, I won't judge... out loud.

I would say Chun Li is one of my favorite female characters in all of video games.

Regardless, Street Fighter's always had a pretty fantastic cast of fighters. There's something about them that have made the one ninja guy, the green guy, the chinese kicker girl, and the dictator these sort of archetypes in our games. If someone parodies one of those characters you instantly know a ton about them.

I think that's the real success of Street Fighter. Mainstream crossover ability and the longevity of each fighter. Regardless of thousands of iterations of the same game, I think Street Fighter is one of the few titles that has last this long and could possibly double it.

I was one of those kids who would bend over for capcom again and again.

My mom: Don't you already have that game?
Me: But it's TURBO!!!!

4 new characters? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

I enjoyed both Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat equally. MK had an awesome movie, SFII had an awesome anime movie. They were great games with cool characters..

Unfortunately I never got into Tekken, in my neighbourhood I wasn't Asian enough to play it.

WickedLiquid said:
Green_Lantern said:
UghRochester said:

Yes, also Chun Li isn't real.

Also when Street Fighter 2 was created, so was Chun Li. Therefore she's 21.

Did that just blow your mind? That. Just. Happened.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod