Halloween costumes

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by used44, Oct 13, 2013.

1. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

We might have a party to go to for once so we might dress up. It's been a few years. Definitely dressing up my daughter at least. Don't have any costumes or really even an idea yet.

What are you guys doing for costumes? What have you done in the past? (Pics!)

2. Paradox

Paradox Soaring Phoenix

Not dressing up this year, will be to busy with work. Last time I dressed up was probably six years ago. Just made a homemade Pyramid Head costume and walked around my driveway passing out candy while the Silent Hill 3 soundtrack played.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Eyebrowsbv31

Eyebrowsbv31 Rookie

I usually go as a primary color. Last year I was orange.

This year my girlfriend wants me to go as sid vicious, to which I pointed out that I'm the size of two sid vicious's.

4. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Last year I was one of the Warriors, but I can't find any of the pictures. All of my friends made fun of me because they were like "HAHA, NO ONE HAS EVER HEARD OF THAT MOVIE!" We go out to a bar, and within 20 minutes this super cute girl next to me goes "Oh my god, The Warriors! I love that movie!" The looks on their faces were priceless.

This year, everyone wants to go as TF2 characters, so I might do that. Probably not, though.

5. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 Hey kiddo!

Scout. You'd make a great scout.

6. UrbanMasque

UrbanMasque Everyone Wears a Mask

Wow... they've never seen that movie?

Still dunno what I should do, getting late - open to suggestions.

7. Gunner37

Gunner37 Rookie

I'm will be making my own costume a group of my friends want to go as the justice league so theres a backup plan I called being Superman because I'm the biggest in the group by far being 6'2 and 220 lbs of an athletic build will do that for ya

8. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I totally want to see pictures of that. Are you going with a store- bought costume or homemade?

9. UghRochester

UghRochester https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester

I'm working on Halloween. I think I might just buy a jedi costume for the hell of it though.

10. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

We don't really celebrate Halloween here in Australia, but people still do have Halloween themed parties, dress up parties in general etc.

[​IMG]
    Went to my friend's sister's 21st a few months ago, I dressed as Ash Ketchum from the Pokémon anime and my mate here is the Red Ranger from the original Power Rangers. I got my costume from eBay (jacket, gloves and hat) so I just threw a black t-shirt under the jacket, wore light blue jeans, running shoes and usually wore a backpack. I also bought a cheap Pikachu doll and attached it to the right shoulder of the jacket using safety pins.

[​IMG]
    This was a dress up for my mate's birthday party earlier this year. The theme was "Like a Sir". Bought the top hat, gloves, bow tie and glasses online really cheap and the suit was just bought from a really cheap clothing store.

[​IMG]
    Dressed up as Mario while my same mate (the Red Ranger) dressed up as Luigi. Despite lacking a moustache in this photo, I certainly wore a fake 'stache when I went out to the party. My mate and I got a lot of attention that night, everyone wanted photos with us.

[​IMG]
    Went to a party at the university campus dressed as The Punisher. I had to hire a black coat, I bought gloves and a hip holster, bought a black t-shirt and black cargo pants. With the shirt, I made my own skull logo on it (since I couldn't locally buy a cool looking Punisher shirt). I made a stencil with cardboard, then painted the stencil onto the shirt with white fabric paint. It actually looked really cool. The gun belonged to my friend, it used to be a video game peripheral for Sega, I think.

[​IMG]
    Uh... this was a few years ago (2010) when I was down south for the Australian University Games of Sport. Every night was a themed party, and this night was "Classic sports stars" or something... so I bought a ridiculous wig, douche Kanye West glasses and wore my judo gi/jacket and the medals I won at that competition and arrived... as THIS.

[​IMG]
    For an actual Halloween party. This costume sucked. It was SO last minute... I hired it out the day before the party. Don't be lazy with costumes.

[​IMG]
    My mate and I dressed up as "Army of Two" except... my costume was retarded. It looked terrible and the vest was way too small. I did have a cool gun that lit up disco-style. My disco gun! We also decided to throw our "N7" stickers on our vests for a silly Mass Effect 3 reference... which only ONE person got the reference.

[​IMG]
    Last but not least... I dressed up as Darth Vader for a friend's birthday party. It's not a "proper" Vader suit... but it's close enough.

11. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 Hey kiddo!

Working on getting approval to make a wacky waving tube man costume.

12. Gunner37

Gunner37 Rookie

Well if it all pans out we are all making our own costumes but knowing my group of friends who don't keep any plans whatsoever its probably a 10% chance of it happening. Still gonna make my superman though already bought all the items just need to find red boots or shoes

13. UghRochester

UghRochester https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester

That's a great and funny ass idea, but my arms would be so tired.

14. WickedLiquid

WickedLiquid Regular

Paradox, you are my hero. Pyramid Head FTW!

This year I think I'll go as Ughrochester.

15. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Surprisingly, only one of my friends has. And I made him watch it.

Also, I realized I could totally reuse the cosplay I made. I thought I posted it in a different thread, but I guess I didn't.

I'm the one on the left:
    [​IMG]

16. Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I think I remember you posting a picture of that costume somewhere.

17. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Nice work Longo, that's a pretty sweet costume. The flag is really impressive.

18. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Man, you guys are so much better at costumes than we are.

I probably wont dress up! It's not a big deal over here unless you're in uni or something.

19. Sightless

Sightless Veteran

I give up on Halloween costumes. I don't have friends who will dress up with me, so I usually throw on a hat and dark clothing, and look really serious and spooky. I'm normally frightening looking as it is. Sometimes I also stab kittens.

Workplace will be doing a Halloween party I think, so I better come up with something... Mneh. Wizard hat and robe it is.

20. Lien

Lien Rookie

Holy crap, i think i did meet you that day, longo. But i didn't know it was you!

Aww well... Next time i'll try to high-five you.