Half-life 2

Forgive me if there is already a topic asking this question. When are you guys going to get a review for half-life 2 for xbox? I've seen good reviews for it so far, but they are all from those posuer (sp?) websites and not from the real deal (GR). Any information on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

corban said:

It would taint the review.

First of all, the reviewer would be unnaturally tired from having to walk all the way down to Gamestop and back. Stopping for a Big Mac and fries and a four-pint coke on the way back. This would lead to lethargic gameplay which would, in turn, lead to a poorer-than-actual perception of the game.

Secondly, every time the reviewer gets TKed, instead of thinking "oh well, wait for next round, man I love my job sitting around playing video games someone was stupid enough to send me for free" and sipping a little Scotch, said reviewer would instantly hurl the controller at the nearest person's forehead screaming "Fecking fourty dollars for this piece of shit, what the fucking fuck! Fuck. Shit. Fucking stupid fucking mother cunt hog game. Fucking kid is obviously wallhacking. Look. Fucking LOOK! RIGHT THERE. HE'S FUCKING WIGGLING WEIRD. NO WAY HE COULD HAVE KNOWN I WAS THERE, I WAS BEHIND THIS MASSIVE BOX". This would lead to poor recollection of the game's actual playability and overall fun factor.

Thirdly, when grading, the reviewer would still be seething from finding out he's not getting reimbursed by the company for the money he shelled out for the game as an "internal training and re-orientation exercise"; and highly scientific studies have shown that this can decrease a grade by as much as 17%, enough to drop a game from an A- to a B.

Thus endeth the lesson.

despite monkey's cuddly explanation, we probably would have bought one if it didnt come out during the holiday season at the same time as the 360 launch. we're falling behind even without trudging all the way to gamestop.

^ One solution: Outsourcing to India.

"Final Grade: Sim sim sala bim!"

Or you could have us review it for you instead.

I played it, and comparing it to the PC version is it's biggest problem, because it is an obvious port.

Half-life 2 on Xbox just boggles the mind. Why port it on Xbox instead of the 360? They know the game is obviously going to suffer on the xbox while the 360 would probably be a perfect port.

Probably because they also know that the Xbox 360 is just finding its footing, both in those who own one and developers working their way around its architecture and finding out the best way to do things. Half Life 2 is a very popular game and I'm sure they want to capitalise on that by releasing it on a console that has shifted enough units instead of effectively bottlenecking their sales by putting it on a console that's only just been released.

Sam

In the end, Half Life 2 on X-Box is not bad, but not good either. The graphics take a hit and the load times are annoying to some, but it still retains the story and the exact same level desgin as the PC version.

It is a B- type game in my book.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod