Hacking Borderlands

Status
Not open for further replies.

De-Ting

Rookie
So I've been playing it a lot on my PS3, trying to get all of the trophies, and one of the stragglers is to win an arena battle during co-op. I hosted a game thinking some sucker was bound to come along that I could kill, but instead I got a guy that is virtually impervious to even the most extreme amounts of damage. I messaged him and he said "hax shield," nothing more.

After a little more messaging and me being naive, he conned me into boosting his eridian weapon proficiency from 1 to 11 in less than an hour, and then he left. I, of course, was left with nothing more than a level up, and decided I was going to look into these hax.

[/boring]

This is the first time I've seen cold, hard evidence of someone hacking an online game on the PS3, so you'll understand I'm excited about it.

Using a fairly simple program called WillowTree, you can mod your game saves for Borderlands on PC, PS3 or Xbox. It's a little more complicated on Xbox, though, as you need a hard drive transfer cable (you only need a flash drive or external HDD for PS3.) Always remember to save a backup file just in case.

You can download WillowTree here. The latest version is "Beta11."

This guy does a pretty good job explaining it, but the program is pretty easy to use, and ultimately it allows you to customize your character's level, skills, quests, equipment, and such. However, as far as I know, you can't just make an uber, 1-hit kill everything weapon. It doesn't allow you to input your own damage values and whatnot. You have to make everything from resources built into the game. It can be difficult, sometimes, because I tried making an SMG and ended up with a shotgun.

I'm going to keep experimenting with this, and I'll let you know if I have a breakthrough.

My little brother does nothing but hax. On his PS3 he has a weapon called The Hand of God, it's a guaranteed 9999 everytime and your character is just sitting there with his hands up.

If you still need those duel wins, let me know. My internet is slooooooow lately but I can't lag if I don't move, right?

I kind of want to try hacking Boarderlands now. I probably wouldn't try to make a Hand of God gun, maybe just increase the clipsize and reload speed of some of my current guns. I just need to buy a hard drive cable...

I'd rather you not encourage hacking, samwise gamji.

It's wrong and unsporting, and can lead to bans. And we dont want this crap going round on GR. We play fair, keep that in mind.

If someone DOES opt to follow Tingy's instrctions, it's got nothing to do with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle