Guess what I got

Not herpes, you dastardly folks, but toasted Raviolis! A local favorite, which brings me to the point: what "local" dishes to you have that you absolutely love, that are exclusive to your area?

toasted-ravioli.jpg

Damn those look amazing. What's the filling and what's the sauce on the side? Also, where are located?

I guess my favorite local ingredients would be Alaskan king crab and Alaskan red salmon. I always have a ton of salmon in my freezer. It's nice that it's so easy to get here and catching it yourself is great of course. These are more examples of local things I like to make at home though.

As for favorite dishes that are served at restaurants around here, and that I never make at home, there's this place in Homer, AK that makes ridiculously good halibut fish n' chips.

So, seafood is all we got, I guess. Comes with the territory though.

Fresh seafood would be great, all the stuff we get (outside of catfish) is frozen and thawed.

Deep frying is one of the few things that prove there is a god (the other two are bacon and valve software).

The salmon and halibut were some of the best parts about Alaska...Especially being able to bring it home.

I remember this one recipe I had for salmon in Alaska was smoked salmon with a layer of mayo on top while it cooked...It was actually pretty good.

Alaskan crab is king (kang! kang crab!) and those raviolis have me changing my dinner plans, but for local favorites I'm going with the dallas tamale factory.

YES, the Dallas Tamale Factory, founded in 1901 .. why not.
Makers of such classics as: the tamale.

maybe you're saying, "But Chris, Tamales aren't local to any one place in Par Tick U LAR."
first off, what odd enunciation. 2ndly, it's a locally famous, famously local spot that most peoples is ascared to enter, pero no me.

om nom nom Tamales 4 LIFE. apparently there's 3 dallas tamale factories. nah, bro, nahhhhh....there's only one 8). but seriously, the other 2 are lame

only kidding with the 'scared pero no me' part. I'm as scared as the next guy going into that

Okay, enough joking. nothing scary about it :'( just keep your grubby hands off my tamales :''(

Not sure...It's been a couple years since I've been there. It is like a block away from the end of the riverwalk though.

You live by water. More importantly, the ocean. I would fully expect anyone by the ocean to have good sushi!

I don't think there are any real local treats here, but it's not something that bothers me. While we're talking about it... There are some good sushi places, but the culture also calls for a flood of awful sushi places, so meh. I will say that I think we have a good variety of food types, though. yay.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod