Good paying Gaming jobs

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by akebulan, Sep 1, 2008.

1. akebulan

akebulan Rookie

I've placed a listing of Gaming Jobs on my site.
    Do any of them look good. Or are they just a bunch of paper pushing jobs.
    http://www.triggercrazy.com/jobs.html

Also
    What is the best way to get your foot in the door of a reputable Gaming Company like Blizzard or EA?

2. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie

Get naked.

3. gclark03

gclark03 Rookie

We have already missed out on the great gaming revolution. All the indies don't have a snowball's chance in Hell of becoming established gaming companies in their own right, because of the new corporate conglomerates and such crowding them out of the market.

As for jobs at said corporate gaming conglomerates, I cannot say.

4. akebulan

akebulan Rookie

OK to that point how would an indie go about getting a publisher to market there game?

5. Sodbuster

Sodbuster Rookie

Oh I figure it will cycle around. An Indie (I hate that term) developer just has to release a large string of successful games without being bought out by EA. Look at Rockstar, they managed to become pretty big with their GTA series, and they're still getting bigger.

6. Blake_Morse

Blake_Morse Rookie

The best way to get a good job anywhere is to know someone. "Networking" as it's called.
    I knew Joe through one of my band mates. Me and Joe became friends and he told me about his job here at GR. I told him to let me know when there was an opening and here I am.
    If there's a particular place you would want to work for, try and get to know someone there and keep bugging the crap out of the company in the meantime. Make sure to find some common ground with your contact too so they remember you(sports, games you like, music)
    Looking over that list I would recommend trying for the PR or QA positions first, as you will meet a lot of people doing both of those jobs.
    I've met a lot of folks in the game industry that started there and worked their way up.