George Lucas: "Greedo is the one who shot first"

FrozenBacon

Veteran
http://www.firstshowing.net/2012/wait-w ... hot-first/

For those of you too lazy to read, this is the quote from george lucas:

"The controversy over who shot first, Greedo or Han Solo, in Episode IV, what I did was try to clean up the confusion, but obviously it upset people because they wanted Solo [who seemed to be the one who shot first in the original] to be a cold-blooded killer, but he actually isn’t. It had been done in all close-ups and it was confusing about who did what to whom. I put a little wider shot in there that made it clear that Greedo is the one who shot first, but everyone wanted to think that Han shot first, because they wanted to think that he actually just gunned him down."

Yep, George Lucas himself asserting that Han never, ever shot first. Really I think this is just George Lucas trolling the world, like he has always been doing since the second trilogy.

George Lucas hasn't been put in a home yet?

My god, this world is terrible!

At least there has been a good Star Wars game sometime in the last five years, right?

Right?!

I want to die.

This is bullshit! Greedo never fired a shot, unless they edited that in a digitally mastered version.

Who the fuck cares. If, in the original, Greedo had always shot slightly before Han, would you really like Star Wars any less? I think "Han/Greedo shot first!" is a phrase that helps describe the wacky re-editing of the franchise and how much it bums people out, but as for just that one shot, I don't think it changes much about Han's character, or the quality of the film. It's like people forgot about that black chick alien with the six boobs singing "WABAGOO WANAJEE NA CHA BADAAAAA!!!" There are more important fucked up remastered things to be pissed about.

The idea is to feign interest, lest you be considered an interloper.

OH, Greedo shot Hand Solar first? Oh hell no! Greedo was my favorite character in the Star Men universe, and that's just not fair. Greg Lucas is wrong for this. W-R-O-N-G! Right fellas?! WHO's with me!

Jawas get a bad rap, bro. They had my land speeder turned around and back in the desert in less than a day. And on top of that they totally loaned be one while they did the repairs.

5 stars on Yelp.

used44 said:
Who the fuck cares. If, in the original, Greedo had always shot slightly before Han, would you really like Star Wars any less? I think "Han/Greedo shot first!" is a phrase that helps describe the wacky re-editing of the franchise and how much it bums people out, but as for just that one shot, I don't think it changes much about Han's character, or the quality of the film. It's like people forgot about that black chick alien with the six boobs singing "WABAGOO WANAJEE NA CHA BADAAAAA!!!" There are more important fucked up remastered things to be pissed about.
I laughed thinking about Used singing that shit and shaking his six boobs around.

I don't honestly care who shot first, Han or Greedo. It doesn't bother me, but I can enlighten you some on why it does bother people more than you'd think.

It has to do with unnecessary censorship. There wasn't any reason to edit the footage, he just did it to make Han more family-friendly.

I don't think there's another person alive who likes to piss their fans off as deliberately as George Lucas does

Is George Lucas really worth the praise he gets? I mean, besides Star Wars, what else has he done?
Was Star Wars enough? It would seem so. He's on such a lauded pedestal but seems a better marketer than writer. You rarely hear Indiana Jones and Lucas mentioned in the same sentence, the credit usually going to Spielberg.
I guess it doesn't help that his other movie was Howard the Duck. And I prefer the duck to the wars.

I'm genuinely interested in why I never got sucked into the vortex. I had the Kenner toys and saw the movies. What did I do wrong? :? (Not a trekkie, either.)

I just don't get why things like this are a big deal. If I don't approve of something he changes about Star Wars, I'll not buy the new product and just pop in one of my old copies if I want to watch it.

And on the "fans" who always complain about his changes and re-edits:
George Lucas said:
Fine. But my movie, with my name on it, that says I did it, needs to be the way I want it.

Chris_Crime said:
Is George Lucas really worth the praise he gets? I mean, besides Star Wars, what else has he done?
Was Star Wars enough? It would seem so. He's on such a lauded pedestal but seems a better marketer than writer. You rarely hear Indiana Jones and Lucas mentioned in the same sentence, the credit usually going to Spielberg.
I guess it doesn't help that his other movie was Howard the Duck. And I prefer the duck to the wars.

I'm genuinely interested in why I never got sucked into the vortex. I had the Kenner toys and saw the movies. What did I do wrong? :? (Not a trekkie, either.)
You should check out "The people VS george lucas". It's a take on that fandom and how we usually take George too much credits for his works

Thanks Lien, I will.
And I agree with Paradox. We give this guy so much for his work and then complain if he tinkers with it. It's selfish of us, really, not that i don't understand why we're upset. I do get it, i just need to know the 'how' of it and not the 'why.'

Paradox said:
I just don't get why things like this are a big deal. If I don't approve of something he changes about Star Wars, I'll not buy the new product and just pop in one of my old copies if I want to watch it.

Simple really, some changes don't matter, like throwing in some CG creatures in the background. Other changes do matter, like adding lines where no lines were before can change the tone of the scenes.

Adding the extended NOOOO at the end of Return of the Jedi makes the scene more comical then serious, for example.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod