G20 in Toronto = insanity

WickedLiquid

Regular
I know I already made a thread about the Earthquake that hit Toronto but this is a bigger deal...

Over 600 arrests made.

No matter what you think about Canada the police are still as screwed up as the American police.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Heb9BXjYcII

But the people are just as bad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKgFsqry6LQ

If you're wondering, the protestors in video 1 are NOT respsonsible for the acts in video 2.

What are your thought on the G8 and G20?

My thoughts are I hate protesters.

I find it hilarious that the reason for the protesting is Canada wasting money, so they burn police cars and smash store windows. Because that's not going to waste more money or anything right? I fucking hate those hippies, I wish they'd just obliterate them all. Making Canadians look terrible.

75% of them don't even know what they're protesting they're just tagging along.

I thought this was Canada, the land of kind people and nonviolent acts. What happened? I mean sure, the police in video 1 were in the wrong; they remind me a lot of US cops who jump the gun and quell a peaceful protest in the name of "safety," but the riots, the torching cars, the smashing windows of stores that have nothing to do with the conferences? That's not Canada, that's America, and I thought Canadians were better than that

That first video was messed up. Seriously, messed up. Canadians are annoying but they don't deserve that.. :p

TL;DR?
FUCK DA POLICE!

Second video looks like typical riots that happen every-time this retarded G20 comes into action.

You're telling me Canada doesn't have Skype? Wouldn't it save billions of dollars and prevent riots if this idiotic meeting was held on skype instead of major cities across the world?

intoTheRain said:
My thoughts are I hate protesters.

I find it hilarious that the reason for the protesting is Canada wasting money, so they burn police cars and smash store windows. Because that's not going to waste more money or anything right? I f****** hate those hippies, I wish they'd just obliterate them all. Making Canadians look terrible.

75% of them don't even know what they're protesting they're just tagging along.

Here's the thing though, the violence that was caused yesterday was by The Black Bloc which made up a small majority of the protests (40,000 protesters and 500 were members of Black Bloc). The only thing the protesters are guilty of are continuing to protest after it got violent. If they want a peaceful protest, they needed to stop once chaos erupted and then come back the following day when it cooled off.

Also, today over 50 people who weren't even protesting were blocked in for over 5 hours in the pouring rain. Including a 12 yr old girl and a member of the press. They simply lived in the area and were on their way home or they were watching the protestors. I don't have a link yet because this is breaking news. Tell me how that's fair....

Sorry, it just pisses me off, lol

YouTube comment said:
The real peaceful protest had a parade route, a number of recognized groups and a message. This isn't a protest, there's no message or goals, it's a bunch of snot-nosed 905er teenagers with nothing better to do than stand in the middle of Queen Street taking pictures of big scary cops and just hoping they can provoke them enough into brushing against them so they can cry to their friends on Twitter about the Nazi police state brutality.

what he said

^Very few of these cops need to be "provoked". You ever been to a protest, they are on edge and ready to abuse their power at the slightest misstep.

God Bless the Black Bloc
(strength in numbers)

To Every Action
20100627-g20-riot-arrest-tam2.jpg

There is an equal and opposite reaction
image6622845.jpg

schimmel said:
I thought this was Canada, the land of kind people and nonviolent acts. What happened? I mean sure, the police in video 1 were in the wrong; they remind me a lot of US cops who jump the gun and quell a peaceful protest in the name of "safety," but the riots, the torching cars, the smashing windows of stores that have nothing to do with the conferences? That's not Canada, that's America, and I thought Canadians were better than that

They're not only canadians. People come from all over the world to protest the G20.

I would like to point out that most of these protesters are from other countries...

Because, well, you know... It's hard to picture Canadians quoting Ayn Rand or whatever...

UrbanMasque said:
To Every Action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

I'll see your idiom and raise you: "You mess with the bull, you get the horns."
If you're inciting and provoking as a mob or gang, expect to get treated like one.

These pictures prove no wrong doing, it just shows the police effort. Anything else is all hearsay (for us sitting at home I mean). The burning police cruiser however shows that police force was needed. And who's the say which one came before the other?

BlackStar said:
You're telling me Canada doesn't have Skype? Wouldn't it save billions of dollars and prevent riots if this idiotic meeting was held on skype instead of major cities across the world?

My thoughts exactly. It's ridiculous that they would continue to host this in major cities since everyone knows what happens...

Chris_Crime said:
These pictures prove no wrong doing, it just shows the police effort. Anything else is all hearsay (for us sitting at home I mean). The burning police cruiser however shows that police force was needed. And who's the say which one came before the other?

I agree with you for the most part. 90% of the rioting was done by The Black Bloc. (People dressed in black from head to toe in the riot video). I don't agree with using scare tactics in order to clear the streets. Regardless if they're protesters or not, this was nowhere NEAR the summit. That street was closed to all traffic including buses and street cars. The people on the street singing the national anthem are no different than those stereotypical Canadians who are happy we did good at hockey.

BUT this is obviously different.

You asked which video came first. The riot broke out on Saturday, the increased police brutality broke out on Sunday. I can't find any videos of some of the arrests made but the confirmed total is now over 900.

Some of those people may have deserved to be arrested, others did not...

Yesterday a bunch of people who were not protesters were boxed in and held there against their will for over 4 hours.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=280hrwKUqKg

You'll have to ignore the commentary. It's the only video I can find with an overhead view.

When police were questioned as to why this happened they responded "Everything we did was for the safety of the law abiding citizens. I am not saying that we are perfect"
http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/293946

What looked to be dozens of people huddled in the rain, barely given food or water, waiting four hours for an explanation from police, who blocked off the people from exiting. CP24 reports some of the people caught in this "human box" weren't protesting today, but were returning from shopping or dinner or waiting for a streetcar.

Oh G20...

BlackStar said:

Let's face it, if they did this they would just get accused of being an even more clandestine group

I could just see one of the G20 members lagging out of the conference while using Skype. Then they'll have to re-invite him back in, and over the course of the next five minutes make sure he's actually connected well enough to continue the conference.

Then you'll also see internet spam proterstors just spamming random protest links everywhere. And the internet police trying to ban their Skype usernames

Wes said:
Cheer up Toronto
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp9Gm-aRe5A

Liquid if that didn't make you laugh then I don't know what else to do.....

You sir have done your job. :D

The G20/G8 is over but thousands of people still took to the streets today to protest the actions caused by the police. This is a peaceful protest who were marching the streets of Toronto and as of now they are currently surrounded by the police. This group IN NO WAY have engaged in any violent behaviour.

schimmel said:

Uhm, point me to the last riot in america in which we were smashing windows and burning cars. Shit happens in Europe more often then here.

It really just depends where the G's are being held. Always going to be young, (rich) anarchist kids from around the world that come and smash shit up.

BlackStar said:
Second video looks like typical riots that happen every-time this retarded G20 comes into action.

True, but come on this is Canada we're talking about. This kinda shit doesn't happen here. In fact, this weekend was the first time tear gas was fired by police ever! It's like if you hear some say "Fuck off". It's no big deal but when you hear it come from Mr. Rogers you're like "whoa, that's not like him".

Chris_Crime said:
"You mess with the bull, you get the horns."
If you're inciting and provoking as a mob or gang, expect to get treated like one.

You weren't here, there was NO excuse for the police to do this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oETzR2pTw0M

That is just one example of many. The police acted in an irresponsible manner towards people who were not rioting or causing havoc.

Rakon said:
We do have shitty people too you know

You don't know the half of it....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXIE2uOdnkQ

hahaha

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod