Fuse. The Game that is also a Mistake.

People are complaining about that still?

Let Insomniac make what they want, how they want. It's Wind Waker all over again it seems like...

LinksOcarina said:
People are complaining about that still?

Let Insomniac make what they want, how they want. It's Wind Waker all over again it seems like...

Barely made it into the top 40 in the UK. Probably the same situation for the US.

used44 said:
It looks and plays low-budget, regardless of the art style.

I was mostly trying to tell them how it would reflect the sales of the game, but the gameplay itself was rebuilt around the artstyle and tone. Despite pretty much no one saying this was a good thing, they went ahead and did it anyways, because apparently this is what people wanted...

When you're trying to stay in business, I'm pretty sure you don't just "make what you want", especially if what you want isn't gonna sell. EA Partners is dead, and I doubt any publisher is eager to publish the next game. The fact that Insomniac posted about already having more Fuse stuff in development, shows that they are just gonna ignore all the feedback they're getting.

TheJx4 said:
used44 said:

I was mostly trying to tell them how it would reflect the sales of the game, but the gameplay itself was rebuilt around the artstyle and tone. Despite pretty much no one saying this was a good thing, they went ahead and did it anyways, because apparently this is what people wanted...

When you're trying to stay in business, I'm pretty sure you don't just "make what you want", especially if what you want isn't gonna sell. EA Partners is dead, and I doubt any publisher is eager to publish the next game. The fact that Insomniac posted about already having more Fuse stuff in development, shows that they are just gonna ignore all the feedback they're getting.

well, EA partners is not confirmed to be dead yet to be fair. They also have Titanfall coming still.

As for the game...I didn't mind the change of style, that is Insomniac's choice in the end. The only thing I would be alarmed about is if it got lost in the shuffle because of it.

That might be a bigger issue in the end than anything else, although I have a feeling the change caused the lower sales in the long run too, since Insomniac doesn't have the lasting clout of other companies to say "try it out guys."

I don't know, I was going to review it before it was given off to someone else, I had moderate expectations.

LinksOcarina said:
TheJx4 said:
used44 said:

well, EA partners is not confirmed to be dead yet to be fair. They also have Titanfall coming still.

As for the game...I didn't mind the change of style, that is Insomniac's choice in the end. The only thing I would be alarmed about is if it got lost in the shuffle because of it.

That might be a bigger issue in the end than anything else, although I have a feeling the change caused the lower sales in the long run too, since Insomniac doesn't have the lasting clout of other companies to say "try it out guys."

I don't know, I was going to review it before it was given off to someone else, I had moderate expectations.

I'm honestly just tired of the excuse of "the weapons are fun". They focus more on the weapons than anything else, and it shows when you play the game, and in the reviews. All of the changes were basically because of the weapons. Hell, that's the reason the characters faces aren't in the box art.

Even then, there are problems with the entire design of the game itself. The weird weapons in their other games worked because they were useful. In this game, you're basically given a set of cover, and then enemies are thrown at you from the other side. No real reason to change weapons and every encounter becomes boring. It's not a bad game, but it's not great either.

LinksOcarina said:
TheJx4 said:
LinksOcarina said:
It is supposed to be co-op right?

Yup, four player. But you can play the whole game without the Fuse weapons and do just fine.

Well, what was the focus? co-op multiplayer, or the single player?

Co-op, but they really tried to dress up the whole "LEAP" feature as something revolutionary...but really it's nothing more than switching between characters in single player. It's definitely fun in 4 player co-op, but all the issues are still there. Mainly when it comes to enemy encounters, as you're never really given a battlefield, just you and a few obstacles.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod