Fuck you old man winter

Icepick

Rookie
I pride myself on being a northerner, I whip my beat meat out to piss in -40C without flinching, but what the fuck is this retarded shit. +3, +5, -25 with 75 cm of snow (i think it's fairly close to 3 feet for you Imperial bastards) dumpped on us on one weekend.

The whole city shut down, which meant no plows, no buses, no nothing, what was a nice hour and a half long walk along the lake to work became a fucking scene from Game of thrones, north of the mother fucking wall, only instead of dead rangers, it was ford fiesta's that littered the ground, easily 12+ accidents visible on my walk home, and seeing as the snow is so deep, the sidewalks, especially along the two bridges I have to cross were inaccessible, forcing me to walk on the road and get clipped by not 1 but 2 fucking cars

anyone else in the southern ontario/northern michigan area handling this shit?

Big dumps in Utah, this year. I've never been in a snow related accident, but dang, why don't people automatically think "Uh oh, inclimate* weather. Better drive a little safer." WHY?!

* Not in the default Firefox dictionary.

25a5jsn.png

It was cold as fuck here.

Meaning, it was like 45 degrees here. How the hell can people live in colder weather than this?

Of course, I'm used to 105 summers, and that would fry most people.

Yeah, my area of PA didn't get affected by this, luckily. Instead, we received one day of 66ºF weather to a 10ºF the next day. This immediate climate change f*cks my sinuses up.

Longo_2_guns said:

Meaning, it was like 45 degrees here. How the hell can people live in colder weather than this?

See, when I move to California, after being here, I imagine I'd never wear pants again. Just like my grandpa.

Rakon said:
Are you in Toronto? How come you don't hang with Wicked and I?

I'm a 2 hour drive, in lovely peterborough, and by lovely I mean shit. Granted this city did produce both me and Lethean,

Icepick said:
I pride myself on being a northerner, I whip my beat meat out to piss in -40C without flinching, but what the fuck is this retarded shit. +3, +5, -25 with 75 cm of snow (i think it's fairly close to 3 feet for you Imperial bastards) dumpped on us on one weekend.

The whole city shut down, which meant no plows, no buses, no nothing, what was a nice hour and a half long walk along the lake to work became a fucking scene from Game of thrones, north of the mother fucking wall, only instead of dead rangers, it was ford fiesta's that littered the ground, easily 12+ accidents visible on my walk home, and seeing as the snow is so deep, the sidewalks, especially along the two bridges I have to cross were inaccessible, forcing me to walk on the road and get clipped by not 1 but 2 fucking cars

anyone else in the southern ontario/northern michigan area handling this shit?

i dunno, i'm close to you and this stuff doesn't even phase me. i still went grocery shopping and to the liquor store and out for dinner didn't even think twice about it, yesterday. i love drivin in this shit.

Longo_2_guns said:

frequently gets hotter than 105 with humidity in the summer where it's a giant snow storm right now.

also.. be thankful you live in southern ontario icepick. my brother lives in kapuskasing, it's been -50-55C with windchill this winter, -40-45 without. About 11 hours north of London.

that's -67F to the americans.

edit: had no idea you were in peteborough now icepick. i was up there the other weekend visiting my GFs brother. guess there was a huge hockey tournament that weekend, we watched her nephew play.

edit again: yea i missed the whole temperature fluctuation point in your post. it's fucking annoying, sucks having dogs when the weather is like this and half the winter the backyard is a swamp. I wish it'd just stay below 0, at the very least, until spring.

i cant believe i walked to work in my shorts and t-shirt in january, it was like 15C. the next day when I had to walk home it was -15C. that was embarrassing, and painful.

f944599a-08aa-47e7-baa6-61306a6dfb9c_zps10b40f6b.jpg

That's outside my door this morning, my God is it a beautiful day.

We only have about 1.5 feet though, if you really have 3 feet thats quite the difference.

^ not quite 3 feet, almost though, conservative estimate 2.5-2.8 feet

although monday will be +10, meaning it will all melt, just finished the driveway, snowbanks on each side up past my waist

plus if I had motorized transportation I wouldn't mind so much, a 2 hour walk in, 9 hour shift, 2 hour walk back really takes out any minor enjoyment the snow may have brought

as for the hockey tourny, highschool friend of mine played in it and had his nose slashed open, theoretically we could have very well been in the same area watching the same game....

Was at my mom's house in Oshawa and spent the day shoveling out her double driveway. Woke up this morning to see the plow truck create a 5 foot high wall of frozen snow at the bottom of the drive way.

2492355_o.gif

Also, this

578187_10151228384021065_1810336134_n.jpg

People got out of their cars on the 401 to shovel themselves a path off the highway, lol.

I just know this is going to turn into a "Meanwhile in Canada" Meme.

I hate the ups and downs... snow and cold followed immediately by 45 degree sunny days with a -15 wind chill night... Montana

The storm kept fucking up my internet. Luckily I had cable and blu-rays to pass the time.

Wes said:
The storm kept fucking up my internet. Luckily I had cable and blu-rays to pass the time.
That reminds me, I wonder how companies planning always-online DRM for all of their products intend to control the weather.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod