Final Fantasy XIII Gameplay footage

Square has a way of making everything look amazing, especially its Final Fantasies. I'm quite excited. I want to play this game now! :D
Also, this should go in the RPG board, but no one really cares that much.
Is it bad for an RPG mod to say that?
Either way, I can't move it from here.
Hum di dum...

I am really excited and sad that i have to wait until '10.

My biggest decision: Whether to pick it up for 360 or PS3.

With exclusive DLC (like fallout 3) becoming more common, I'll be sad if I miss out on something.

Granted DLC should be an after thought, I'm just a worrier.

The cut scenes look amazing, the gameplay, however, does not. I am obviously one of those people that has never played Final Fantasy, so don't judge me.

Never played a Final Fantasy?!? You are missing out, FFVIII is one of my all time favorite games, with FFX up there a ways too.

I was watching this earlier today though, and I really can't wait. The new battle style looks like it may make battles quicker and more intense, which is always a good thing.

The black guy has a chick in his hair?! This just got pumped up from an awesome, to an ACE!

Looks amazing...the ONLY thing I am sad about is no cheesy victory fanfare :( I was hoping they would bring it back after 12, since in 13 they're going back to turn-baded (sort of)

Hmmmm, I am really excited for this. If there's no particular quality loss between the 360 and PS3 versions I'm getting it for 360, otherwise I'll have to figure something out....I beat MGS 4 on my friend's PS3 but FF is a much longer game!!

I'm also really excited for the new Tri-Ace/Sega IP, this game looks hot, here's some cool pre-rendered footage:
http://kotaku.com/5212369/the-first-end ... ty-trailer

I get a feeling it's gonna be an HQ game.

im waiting... i cant say patiently waiting b/c im sooo anxious. Cmon Square - I need this in my life right about now.

It looks a lot better than I thought it would be, that's for sure.

I am still suspect of the battle mechanics though, but we shall see when it comes up.

UrbanMasque said:
im waiting... i cant say patiently waiting b/c im sooo anxious. Cmon Square - I need this in my life right about now.

I know how you feel. Makes me want to go back and play 12 except that damn gambit system made me hate the game after a while. I lost my purpose for playing about 80 hours in.

shandog137 said:
UrbanMasque said:

I know how you feel. Makes me want to go back and play 12 except that damn gambit system made me hate the game after a while. I lost my purpose for playing about 80 hours in.

So play X instead.

LinksOcarina said:
Oh god, don't play X, it's so damn crappy.

Mega false.

XIII looks great, but I know it's so far away that I'm not even considering it on my radar for now.

Sigh... Over zealous, Cloud look-a-like tomboy named "Lightning" (god, what's with Japanese and names!) is bringing my hopes down. But graphically and the cut-scenes makes me impatient for 2010! :D Until i saw the gameplay...

It's too much similar Breath of fire 5. Especially when as soon as the cut scene ended, the black guy with a weird (yet cool) fro disappears and only one character remains, Final fantasy XII seems so long ago. :cry:
But still, I'll get that game on launch day, I'll never miss a final fantasy game! oh no sire!

And to all who still refute about Square Enix's character creativity, I'll give you this:
Animated_dyke.gif

At least, thanks to the video, we now know she's not a boy.

Lien said:
named "Lightning" (god, what's with Japanese and names!) is bringing my hopes down.
The way I see it, it's like naming a character Raiden to them. So it doesn't bother me that much.

^ Very good point.

Do you reckon it's taking so long because they're including Agito and Versus, and waiting for them to be complete too?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod