Final Fantasy Fourteen

it looks like in game cinematics.....

They might as well make a fan movie or three from this. Seriously, the game will not look like this I bet. And the scuttlebutt is that the game is crap in terms of gameplay.....

If I were ever going to get into a MMO it would be this (or the kotor one) but alas, not a PC gamer.

LinksOcarina said:

They might as well make a fan movie or three from this. Seriously, the game will not look like this I bet. And the scuttlebutt is that the game is crap in terms of gameplay.....

You're probably right. However I always remember that Killzone 2 video where everyone went "OMG PS3 WILL NOT LOOK LIKE THAT!" and now we have games on the PS3 that actually look better than the Killzone video.

Wow, finally a lead character who doesn't look more girly than Lightning from FF13.

LinksOcarina said:

I think it is a cinematic. I've seen some in game footage and while not like this, it did look far, far better than FFXI's in game graphics, which weren't half bad.

used44 said:
If I were ever going to get into a MMO it would be this (or the kotor one) but alas, not a PC gamer.

Play the console version then. XI worked really well on consoles.

Grey said:
used44 said:

Play the console version then. XI worked really well on consoles.

Well, I also don't have a PS3.

Is FFXI worth trying on Xbox 360 or is the community pretty much dead?

^I'd be more worried about the pain in the ass typing. I'm pretty sure its cross platform though... bound to be a decent amount of people.

used44 said:
Is FFXI worth trying on Xbox 360 or is the community pretty much dead?

I really can't say. The drawback of FFXI was it took a fucking eternity to progress through quests and level up, I ended up quitting after a while so I have no idea how the community is now, but by the time I left it was impossible for a new guy to really get into it unless they already knew, or very quickly got to know people already playing the game to get some help. It was very much a team effort, its impossible to progress past level twelve on your own, unless you're a white mage. Those are things I hope they fix in XIV.

WickedLiquid said:
I would've given FFXI a chance on my PS2, but unfortunatley I wasn't and still am not a millionare.

Unless you're still in your early teens, where any amount of regular income that's out of reach can feel like a fortune, £6 was hardly millionaire status.

I was exaggeratting. Seriously though, spending over 100 bucks for the PS2 HDD just to play one game seems like something only the rich would do. I know it eventually came out for the 360 but I wasn't planning on getting that console.

I got into the beta for FF14 ... it looks pretty yes, but that's about it. The map system blows, you arent given much direction with the quests and the combat is kinda lame. Not a fan of the interface at all, feels like a flash game.

I'm not into MMO's either. In fact I don't like online gaming period. You can thank 12 yr olds for that.

I bet by the time 15 comes out, it'll be another offline game but will feature a main protagonist that'll make Vaan (from 12) look like Bruce Willis.

Haha I wish Wes! The final fantasy protagonist will always be a feminine looking man (apart from 13 of course). I doubt that will change!

Lightning from FF13 was actually the least-feminine FF protagonist since the Nintendo days. Doesn't make sense.

WickedLiquid said:
I was exaggeratting. Seriously though, spending over 100 bucks for the PS2 HDD just to play one game seems like something only the rich would do. I know it eventually came out for the 360 but I wasn't planning on getting that console.

Shit I forgot about the HDD. The 360 and PS3 having built in hard drive's have clearly spoiled me. :( You're right there, forking out for an HDD jsut to play one game just isn't worth it. Thankfully that won't be a problem with XIV (I hope).

Daddio said:
you arent given much direction with the quests and the combat is kinda lame. Not a fan of the interface at all, feels like a flash game.

The maps in XI were there, "just because". If you didn't have a really good idea of where you were going, you were buggered unless someone in your linkshell had already done the quest/mission and could guide you. The combat in XI was fun, especially when it came to linking up each party member's limit breaks in the right order, with the right break. Please, please tell me they haven't done away with this, it made battles sweet.

I didnt know this was out now!?! Get it outa the way so we can make way for 15!

COME ON 15!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod