Fight Night Round 4

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by schimmel, Jun 24, 2009.

1. schimmel

schimmel Rookie

As good as UFC2009, better, not as good, or worse? Talk about it here!!

I might actually pick this one up since I loved Round 3 so much.

2. Affen

Affen Rookie

I tried the demo and weren't really impressed. For some reason the controls were unresponsive and and some even basic punches were really - I mean really - hard to perform. I had to watch how I moved the stick and even then it didn't always happen the way it should. Eitherway, it's not my kind of game. and I suck at fighting games haha

3. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 Hey kiddo!

Agreed, I even stuck with it for a while. But it's like asking me to play skate over Tony Hawk. I don't feel that it is fluid enough and kinda hard to get your left-right-left combos in.

4. UghRochester

UghRochester https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester

I don't think it is as good UFC 09, there's a flaw in the controls, and i really don't see that much done with the improvement of the graphics and quality of the boxer. I'll probably get it since i liked playing FN Round 3, but i'm probably going to buy Ghostbusters before FN Round 4

5. miak757

miak757 Regular

Compared to the 3rd game, the punches feel terriblly underpowered.
    Just my opinion though.

6. TheDiesel

TheDiesel Rookie

I'm kind of Skeptical since my favorite part of FN3 got taken out, the counters.

Now it's all bob-n-weve, which i was God Awful at. So that definitely killed it for me.

7. Chris_Crime

Chris_Crime Rookie

8. madster111

madster111 Rookie

I swear to God if EA makes you pay to download a button remap, i'm going sue them. For what, i don't care, i just fucking will.

9. shandog137

shandog137 Novice

You have gotta be kidding me...I have 3 and tossed it in because I was getting frustrated with the difficulty of 4 and the difference in graphics is staggering. The boxers also move much more fluidly and don't have the super twitch when dropped.

The counters have not been taken out just a bit more difficult to perform but more rewarding when you land one.

I agree, but I think it's because of that damn haymaker modifier button. I wish they had the classic control scheme.

Overall, I think they did a damn good job on the game, it is very different in terms of controls over the last one, and not nearly as forgiving. More realistic but not as easy to pick up and just have fun with. The bob-n-weve is also tough as shit, I was playing my cousin last night and I still don't have the blocking, bobin and weaving down. I just kept getting tagged in the face. I think some tournaments will be had between my friend and I this week so I will follow up later on whether it get's any easier.