Feeling a bit nerdy

Icepick

Rookie
So the last few months I've become something of a shut in, a lot of personal things created the situation, but to make the best of it, I went back and revisted some of Carl Sagan;s published works, and they're just as fascinating today, albeit a bit dated, but none the less

Anyone else interested in the cosmos, black holes, space in general? And if so, what books/papers would you recommend.

I wish Paradox was still a frequent forum contributor :(

I really love watching shows about astrophysics and stuff like that, but I would imagine reading about them in books would get a little too technical for me.

Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman was a pretty good show though.

If would highly recommend the Feynman Lectures. Richard Feynman was one of the greatest minds in physics in the last century. He was an excellent teacher and the books are taken from his lectures at CalTech. It's a great place to learn quantum mechanics.

Aww man, science is hard.

I used to read a ton of crap on space. But the last couple of years has been turned over to the life sciences and boning up on the human body and whatnot. I need to dig around at my dad's for my books.

I'm interested in listening to it. But I dont have anything to say about it I'm afraid.
So I'm all ears people.

In the grand scheme of things the Milky Way is equal to a grain of sand...

I'm lonely :cry:

the Feynman lectures don't really appeal to me, the content is there sure, but the delivery is.. so so? hard to keep interest, and it's not like i have high expectations, hell I listen to a man with a computerized voice giving lectures

Paradox, you saved my day, I thank you

Wes said:
In the grand scheme of things the Milky Way is equal to a grain of sand...

I'm lonely :cry:

Best and most profound thing I've ever heard come from a 7 year-old. "It may be a grain of sand, but it's MY grain of sand."

[Context: he was told his problems were "not important or big" amounting to a "grain of sand" by his dad (my relative).]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle