F*** BETHESDA!!!! F****. You.

EliaSoZ

Rookie
Resistance 2 and Fallout 3 reviews are up on IGN. Both deliver. However, Fallout 3 disappoints in a particular regard that really pisses me off. Something that GR didn't note, but was noted in the usually more comprehensive IGN reviews. Character animations SUCK. Seriously, that was one of the biggest complaints about Oblivion, you'd think a good developer would listen to complaints and fix the damn problem.

Such a great game, and such a stupid issue taking you out of total immersion. Well FCUK YOU BETHESDA!! FCUK UP THE ASS!!

//in other news, both games are must haves

it's probably a gamebryo issue, every 3d engine has it's quirks.

unreal 3 takes ages to load lod models and has already opened the gameplay to the player before it's finished

these animations you hate so much where do they occur? because my memory of oblivion was that it was characters at the draw distance limit. in which case they probably don't support vertex weights on the lo res lod meshes.

before you go on tirades though why don't you try researching the technology you feel is so simple.

lets just say the art teams that go into game design the animation teams are the most difficult to fill. animation is hard to do, and a game as complex as an rpg probably has thousands of animations

lokness said:
I think he means the animations are just lacking.

Exactly.

I'm sure it's hard to do this stuff, I have some background since I took a bunch of game design classes. What I meant was, the animation was very lacking in Oblivion and they made the SAME EXACT mistake in Fallout 3. Bethesda are a relatively big company, so they could have gotten up off their asses and got a new team to work on the animations, or do motion capture, or spend a lot more time on animating or SOMETHING. They have the money for it.

It's like they just copied the same rigid animations from Oblivion and added a few more rigid ones.

Not only that, but judging from the videos I've seen they decided to rehire some of the voice actors from Oblivion, some of whom provided the most atrocious delivery I have ever suffered through. I hope to christ the voice of the male bretons didn't make it.

SKX said:
Any point you were trying to make has been lost with your selection of language.
Any point you were trying to make has been lost with your selection of method to trying to make a point.

Wow your cool. I will type easier words for you next time so you don't have to repeat it to understand its sense.

Cheers.

SKX said:
Wow your cool. I will type easier words for you next time so you don't have to repeat it to understand its sense.

Cheers.

He was saying you suck at making a point.
Not that your words were too complex.
But apparently his were?
I dunno, I had no trouble.

In closing-

Yeah, I will agree with you, but at the same time, they could be a lot worse. With a world that big, it's hard to make the character animations good in an RPG. And you cant say MMORPGs are better, because those are all preset.
And atleast the voice acting isnt like Resident.
You, the master of lockpicking, should know that.

And you know what's the funny thing... I kinda agree with him...

Now don't get me wrong, This game is awesome! But like he said, there's this feeling of discomfort. When you talk to a person, only his face would move. Like talking to a robot. Plus they give you this stare that could kill a baby... brr...

But one thing that really bothered me was that this game is pretty much like Oblivion but better. I mean a lot like oblivion, The first view is better then the third, the pickpocket ability is a lot like Oblivion and the dialogue too...

But one thing i really like though, it's the loading time, there's almost none! And i'm using the PC version, wow!

To close this discussion, I would give this game an A- (still a very good score) then a straight A.
But that's just me so, yeah... forget about it

We all knew it was going to look like Oblivion, but the real question is, does it feel like Fallout?
I must say, yes.
I feel like I am walking in the post-apocalyptic version of DC. And not a redecorated Oblivion.

The animation might not be spot on, and they have some scary eyes, it is still the gameplay and story that I like Fallout for.

So far 8 hours played, and I still love it! :)

You know, i was wondering, has anyone found Harold yet? You know, the guy with "Bob" growing in his head? Cause i heard he was in Fallout 3...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod