Explain Your Avatars!

yorky

Veteran
Anybody who's anybody's got one. They are the very essence of our online persona, at least on the outside. But how often do we talk about our avatars? Studies have shown that when people talk about their avatars, they lead happier lives overall. Depression drops 50% in young adults*, with similar decreases in divorce, and marriage.

Talking about one's avatar may not be for everyone. In some rare cases, swelling of the ankles may occur. If you are prone to wrist cramps, consult the FAQ. It will tell you whether or not talking about your avatar is right for you.

*Figures made up on the spot by someone having taken a statistics course. If the sample doesn't match the population, blame the sample. If the sample doesn't exist...blame the population.

Actually the avatar size restrictions are increasing tomorrow so we'll be able to understand what everyone's avatar is.

Nah, that's not true. But one can dream... one can dream.

Mine is simply Hell in Hundred Acre Woods. Here's a larger and clearer version:
tumblr_m3ecbjOKS11qik9nro1_1280.jpg

Oh my... You are shaking aren't you? You are trying to kill me, aren't you magneto? Well you can't...
Leadvest.jpg

I"m wearing a lead breastplate!

Just a guy with a pipe that tickles me everytime I see it. It's basically portraying that I'm, as Dan would say, a posh bastard!

The Soaring Phoenix, my final rank on the old GR boards as Optimus Crime. Personally, I prefer the original ranking system. but meh.

Spike Spiegel favorite anime character, as well as my introduction to japanimation in general. I was so psyched about him that I decided to dress up like him for my first american halloween, complete with gun

VyT9J.jpg

Youth is such a fleeting thing.

Sometimes I remember it one way, sometimes another... if I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice! Ha ha ha!

used44 said:
Sometimes I remember it one way, sometimes another... if I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice! Ha ha ha!

Calm down now, Alan Moore.

My current one is a random picture of a dude pretending to be steampunk. I did that for the change your avatar thing a few weeks back. Before that, it was my internet namesake, Links Ocarina, of course.

Well mine is Zoro because I love the manga One Piece and he is my favorite character in that manga like Itachi in Naruto

It's Megabyte from Reboot. I only changed it from Morpheus because everyone was changing their avatars and I didn't want to feel left out.

Tyrranis said:
It's the insignia of Warwolf Squadron, from Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
You've played 4, 5, and 0 right? Because I know you've played 6 and AC of course.

And I love the Flash, and this Jay Garrick picture is one of the coolest ones they've got. Plus, since I had Black Adam as my other one, I figured I'd do something from DC's other red lightning hero.

Though I'm sure people are more curious about my signature than my avatar. I've mostly been doing stuff from comics for both of them for a while now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle