Evolution of Gaming

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by AfroJoe, Jan 5, 2007.

1. AfroJoe

AfroJoe Rookie

The Evolution of Gaming

Gaming has truly evolved. From games like Pong to Gears of War. Mario to Jak 3. Doom(original) to resistance:fall of man. Gaming has become a part of many people's lifes...games used to take maybe a few months to make, nowadays its takes atleast a year to make a decent game. The consoles today dont need to be blown into because of dust (aww..the old memories).

The graphics have evolved soo much
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Like I said, from pong to gears of war..u7 can clearly see the different. NOTE: the games viewed above are NOT in any perticulare order. it is NOT by year made or released.

The controllers have evolved. They used to be very bulky and not very responsive.Now most of them are even wireless..something the atari could have NEVER pulled off..lol :p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Those were some examples of early controllers. The same goes for the evolution of game techonologie. From cartidges to Cds, to smaller cds (gamecube) to blueray. many of these formats failed miserably, like the UMDS, which was not only used for PSP games, but for movies that could be viewed on a PSP.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Evolution has and always will benefit us. Gaming is now immense and very intense. We can now go online and play with millions of people online. think bout it..atara live? lmao..yeah right...

just post your thoughts on the futre of gaming, the older controllers, the size of the consoles, your old memories..anything
    [/size]

2. JCD

JCD Rookie

I would have said Doom to Rainbow Six Vegas, best FPS to come out in ages. Anyway, you've done a great job on this topic. (you may want to fix up the cartridge images)

But what are you trying to start a discussion on? There is already a topic concerning the future of gaming. So I assume you just want some thoughts on the evolution of gaming?

3. AfroJoe

AfroJoe Rookie

i've updated it..so plz take some time out of ur day just to read it...and truly think bout how far technologie has gone. what will 2morow bring?

4. JCD

JCD Rookie

Nice job man.

5. LinksOcarina

LinksOcarina Rookie

avast! You stole my idea!

lol only kidding. Great quick look at the changes over the past 30 years, I like it dude :).

6. AfroJoe

AfroJoe Rookie

im gonna be adding more..

7. TheNesMan

TheNesMan Rookie

Very nice list indeed.

8. Lethean

Lethean Rookie

The list is good but the needless bashing of Atari is lame. Who knows what would have happened if Atari stayed in the console making market and had the support Sony, MS or Nintendo has now?

9. JCD

JCD Rookie

I do.

10. AfroJoe

AfroJoe Rookie

they would have ended up like the gamecube IMO..they wouldnt be number one..but close

11. JCD

JCD Rookie

Nope. We would have games like "3D Astro Bubble Pong 2007: The Return of Alex Kidd's Snake's game of Tetris. THE REVENGE!"

12. mouse1992

mouse1992 Rookie

But as game graphics evolve, so are the problems caused by some moronic gamers.

13. JCD

JCD Rookie

Was that a reference to me?

14. mouse1992

mouse1992 Rookie

No. Just to some idiotic gamers there that are going postal because of their ignorance about real life and pixel life.

15. TheNesMan

TheNesMan Rookie

Twisted metal 2 picture=automatic awesomeness.

16. plumpkin

plumpkin Rookie

While reading this topic, I had Imagine by John Lennon playing in the backroung, and it brought a tear to my eye. :(