EA tries forcing me to use Origin, wants my private data

De-Ting

Rookie
So a while ago, I downloaded Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition from Amazon. Got it for pretty cheap, I believe. Felt like playing it today. Got stopped in my tracks. Before the game can launch, I have to sign in to me EA account. No problem, except it says it's invalid. So I do the forgot my password thing and the email that arrives says:

You can get to the Retrieve Password window at any time by following the instructions below:

1. Launch the Origin client.

Learn-How-to-Say-No_full_article_vertical.jpg

Aside from being able to play the game that I bought with money that has been on my hard drive minding its own business for months, give me one good reason to abandon all that I believe in to download Origin. Anyone? Hello? Echo...echo...echo...

Because that's what you gotta do to play the game? That's how they want it to be. I think if you want to play EA games, expect to do that no matter what from now on. It's shitty but it's here to stay.

They're really trying to make pc gaming unappealing. Soon every publisher will have their own service each more horrid than the last. I already have too many accounts to keep track on.

Affen said:
They're really trying to make pc gaming unappealing. Soon every publisher will have their own service each more horrid than the last. I already have too many accounts to keep track on.

That will change over time, at least I hope it does. This is all a part of the "Gaming as a Service" model that most companies have been following since 2008/2009. It's not going to stop any time soon.

Go grab yourself a nice skidrow crack or something.
TBP is probably your best bet - gamecopyworld doesn't have anything for DA:O for some reason.

Pirates: Providing better services than the publishers since 2006

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod