[E3 2009]It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year..[E3 2009]

schimmel

Rookie
Nope, not Christmas, but for us gamers it might as well be. E3 is here. Granted, that doesn't mean a fat guy in a red suit comes down the chimney, giving those of us who have been good gifts, but we do get to see what we will ask that fat red guy for.

In terms of things already confirmed, Sony has put the rumors to bed for the PSP Go, finally stating that it will be coming out, and saying that it will not be replacing the PSP 3000, however it will be living in perfect harmony with it.
Kojima Productions, without Hideo at the helm for this one, has confirmed a new Metal Gear Solid in the making... we're just going to also be lacking Snake, so it should be interesting.
Also, littleBIGplanet Portable has been announced for the PSP and I also believe the PSP Go

Anyway, for the following week (and probably a lot longer) this is your topic for all things E3. Please post your thoughts here.

The following is the schedule for the "Big 3" press conferences, and EA just managed to slip in there too.
* Microsoft conference – 6/1, 10:30 a.m. Pacific, 1:30 PM Eastern
* Electronic Arts conference - 6/1, 2 p.m. Pacicic, 5 PM Eastern
* Nintendo conference – 6/2, 9 a.m. Pacific, 12 PM Eastern
* Sony conference – 6/2, 11 a.m. Pacific 2 PM Eastern

JCD also has a more news-oriented thread that you can find here

I'm interested in any new Mario game that doesn't use that silly wand controller.
I'm also interested in any PSP with 2 analog sticks.

Since neither of those are happening this year I guess all I have to look forward to is an official announcement for the new Hitman title. Well, and Beatles Rock Band.

Everything else can sit on it.

So the MS conference is done. You can catch literally up-to-the-minute play by play in JCD's topic. What did you guys think?

HA! EA has so many fucking games, it has its own conference :O

Tiger Woods 10 ftw!! :D

I want this to be the year when the Wii finally runs out of gas and they'll actually have to make good games for it

I think that's inevitable. Gamers are realizing that the motion control gimic isn't gonna hold the system up once people move past the novelty

I think the novelty is wearing off, but they keep introducing new peripherals, and people eat it up. I don't think we have to wait for gamers to lose their patience (frankly they've lost it, but the mainstream hasn't), but rather we have to wait for Nintendo to run out of ideas for peripherals.

But when it comes to Nintendo you know as well as I do that them running out of ideas for gimmicky peripherals will never happen.

I'm waiting for them to release a re-imagining of the Wii called the Wii Lite which will simply be a pocket-sized Wii.

You're saying all this like the Wii isnt successful. Wii Fit was sold out where I was for about 4 months after its release. Sure with hardcore gamers, the gimmick is losing its stature. But still it's holding its own. With this new "Your Shape" thing coming out this hiliday season, I reckon Wii will be a much larger success than before.

I know the Wii is successful. I own one, waiting in like for two hours too. Just in my opinion I've been waiting for a while for Nintendo to announce something that will justify me keeping my Wii. This summer it's on the chopping block of things I own that simply take up space. I want E3 to make me change my mind.

WOW WOW WOW. schimmel, no matter what they announce for Wii, you clearly need to dump that joint for an X Box (unless you have one already).

Project Natal anyone? That thing is simply, revolutionary for the gaming community. IGN says it actually works. What more can you ask for? This has SO much potential.

Plus the games looked great too. Modern Warfare 2 is gonna rock my socks. Alan Wake looks incredible. I hope they're gonna show Assassin's Creed 2 footage soon.

EilaS I have all 3 systems. I've just been on the fence about getting rid of my Wii because nothing has come out for it in like the past year that's interested me.

As to Project Natal, it's like Microsoft is jealous about the Wiimote and wants to turn you into a Wiimote. The same with the Sony one. I dunno, I'll wait for them to launch, wait a couple months, and if the novelty is still there (or it's actually good I'll pick it up.

Also, NEW STAR WARS MMO!

Nah, sorry. Project Natal is more than that. Even Steven Spielberg and Peter Molenyeux are on board, it's not about system-jealousy, it's about innovation. The few people that tried it also claim it works well. I see a big future for it, hopefully. But I agree, we'll have to see what they make for it first.

I know No More Heroes 2 is coming out, if that interests you. Otherwise, don't see much need for a Wii.

P.S. You totally butchered my name haha

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle