Duke on youtube

Duke on teh yootoob! Awesomz! I'm checking out some of it right now, I won't get to finish it in one sitting (an hour is a LONG time to sit and listen to people talk on the internet) but I bet that one guy gets put in his place by Mr. Ferris himself!

catharsis theory has no scientific evidence?I don't get why he would disagree with it. How is one suppose vent?Should a person smash your face or rock the heavy bag. It doesn't make you more or less violent I used to be a psychotic little fucker my temper would snap so easily. Now I've learned to use my anger to adavantge rather then act out loudly and violently.If Someone calls me or thinks that I am weak (being genticaly skinny implies that I am) Rather then busting their skull to prove em wrong, I hit the gym while useing that anger to get my swell on. I'm glad Duke stuck it to that chump ( I knew he would)

I'm just impressed on how many times you'll keep doing these. I mean, you always win, because the facts are on our side, and you know your shit. But don't you get tired of dealing with these people?

Nonetheless, thanks for having our backs, yet again.

At the point where the train is running by now, Duke is mopping up the floor with Brad at the moment. Very entertaining, Duke has done his homework and Brad is actually feeding Duke's arguments.

[edit]
At 42 minutes now I can honestly say that Duke pretty much won the argument. Brad is citing dubious sources at best, at which Duke easily points out the flaws and weaknesses.
For a researcher, Brad was totally out of his league.

To quote Illidan Stormrage:
YOU ARE NOT PREPARED.

Every generation has it's share of "violent" games. My folks told me how at one time in their childhood that they would pick up sticks and pretend to shoot each other, while my grandparents "fenced" with bamboo. The only difference between the two is that ours are more micheal bay-ified.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=KRS90V8BQGo

Ma Ba Sploom!!

Wow, I've never heard his (Duke's) voice before...
And he did pretty much destroy Brad (i didn't watch the whole thing but i watched the bit where Brad's argument sort of collapsed).

I listened to the whole debate last night while killing hookers in Grand Theft Auto. Seriously, though, I was collecting coupons in The Simpson's game.

That was a pretty poor argument presented by Brad the Researcher. Constantly citing that 1970's Surgeon General warning on violent media surely wasn't helping his argument look not dated. And I don't see how someone can say they're against censorship one second, then the next moment say they want the government to have control over the ratings boards for film and games.

My favorite part was when Brad listed off all of his BFFs in the field ("I know these guys!") and then Duke promptly puled out the judge's quotes saying that the Anderson fellow was a rather belligerent testifier who ignored contradictory evidence (sound familiar, Brad?).

I only wish I had been aware of this when it was being recoreded live, so that I would have been able to call in. Good job, Duke!

I listened to the majority of this a couple of days ago and, rather than restate the points made by the other posters here (which I agree with for the most part) I'll just say that Brad is not built for public speaking. Aside from the lousy debate tactics (using a Surgeon General's warning made in the 1970's as evidence against games is... lame to say the least) he was completely unable to convey his point without splicing his sentences with um's and ah's doubling the duration of whatever he wanted to say and making him sound like an idiot.

Duke, it wouldn't be difficult to put that guy down but you went far beyond what was needed and could easily hold your own against a seasoned debater.

Sam

maca2kx said:
I listened to the majority of this a couple of days ago and, rather than restate the points made by the other posters here (which I agree with for the most part) I'll just say that Brad is not built for public speaking. Aside from the lousy debate tactics (using a Surgeon General's warning made in the 1970's as evidence against games is... lame to say the least) he was completely unable to convey his point without splicing his sentences with um's and ah's doubling the duration of whatever he wanted to say and making him sound like an idiot.

Duke, it wouldn't be difficult to put that guy down but you went far beyond what was needed and could easily hold your own against a seasoned debater.

Sam

In other words, PWNAGE!!!!111

What about adding Killzone 2 as one of the most anticipated games for 2009 in the poll? That was also in my first post and everyone ignored that. Everyone always ignores me. Now you know why I burn myself at night. Because it feels so fun!

grandmagoodtimes said:
What about adding Killzone 2 as one of the most anticipated games for 2009 in the poll? That was also in my first post and everyone ignored that. Everyone always ignores me. Now you know why I burn myself at night. Because it feels so fun!

I love you GGT.

Dr. Bushman read random bible passages to first graders then polled them fifteen years later and asked if they had thrown pots or pans at their spouses.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod